help! info on an opk as an hpt?

4everinlove

Reaction score
Ok so last cycle I tested everycday from 9dpo until 14 dpo and got all bfn's 15dpo af came so I never thought to test again, now this cyclei have tested everyday for a week with an opk and it has been positive every day for a week... I have heard other women say they have used opk's as a hpt... any advice? Should I test with an hpt?

I was just reading about this! https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html has the best explanation. I would definitely get an hpt.

I read mixed reviews about this. I hear that OPK pick up both levels but HPT is more sensitive and will pick it up sooner.

I was just reading about this! https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html has the best explanation. I would definitely get an hpt.

I would recommend reading the link sent from littlebird. I was considering buying some opk to try out. But now will stick with hpt.

Ok so last cycle I tested everycday from 9dpo until 14 dpo and got all bfn's 15dpo af came so I never thought to test again, now this cyclei have tested everyday for a week with an opk and it has been positive every day for a week... I have heard other women say they have used opk's as a hpt... any advice? Should I test with an hpt?

I really dont advise opk as hpt, I did it two cycles ago and got a positive days before AF was due and I thought way hey, needless to say she showed up. use hpt chick at least you know for certain. I hope you get your BFP :thumbup: good luck x

sorry to gatecrash here girls but just want to add my own personal experience for you.

we were trying a good 2 years before falling pregnant and i went through mountains of hpt's and opk's, i tested with both every day from 6dpo :wacko:
every 2ww. I never got a positive on any of them, my opk's only ever had a faint line.

the week I fell pregnant I had run out of hpt's and was waiting for my stock to come, however i had loads of opk's. from 8dpo my opk's were blaring positives. by 11/12 dpo the test line was twice as dark as the control line.

my hpt's turned up at 14dpo and i was indeed pregnant!

so I truly believe in the opk's as hpt's theory. :happydance:

hope this helped someone.

kate xx

Well as I said I tested with an hpt all the way until the day before af came, and when she did I never thought to test again. But now I wasx supposed to have been ov again and have had pos opk for a week straight...the lines are also twice as dark as control line. Dhould I wait until this 2ww is over to test or should I go ahead and test now?

You don't lose anything by testing now. If it is a BFN then at least it has helped to put your mind at rest. I would use a HPT though.

Best of luck sweetie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"