help - is this ok?

baby D

Joshua and Amelia x
Reaction score
So i have been weaning Amelia for around 3 weeks now (was advided to by peditrician). We are now onto first veg/fruit purees. Thing is, according to 'the books' she should be eating about 4 - 6 teaspoons of food twice a day? Well she isn't! She generally eats around 2 teaspoons of food twice a day, sometimes nearer 3 but not often. I always stop when she seems as though she has had enough - like stops opening mouth for spoon or becomes fidgety/grumpy - but having read this, i am worried that she is not having enough? As i say she normally has 2 tsp of baby porridge at breakfast and the same amount of veg puree at teatime.....what do you think?

A friend suggested cutting back on her milk - but i kinda feel that's a terrible idea....:dohh:

Remember at this age food is just a suplement. You're doing the right thing by stopping when shes had enough. Eating should be fun for them. A lot of times when I give amelie finger foods she just plays with them and doesnt actually eat them but its all learning.

Oh and no cutting back on milk :shock:

f*** the books! babies dont all follow the same patterns, they're all individual! just leave your lady to it, when she's ready she'll take more! and defo dont cut milk, until they're a year old, milk is their main source of everything and food just supplements it! katie still has 4-5 7oz bottles as well as 3 meals a day, they'll drop their feeds when they're ready x

It's very early days yet, let your baby set the pace. You don't even need to be giving 2 meals yet, if you feel she just wants one. A couple of spoonfuls are fine. Just keep the milk coming!

I agree with Blah, she will eat until she feels full, and you don't need to cut a feed xx

Yeah I use books as 'guides' but don't follow to the letter. According to the book I have Liss should be on 4-5 cubes of veg at lunch but she doesnt want that she has three and sometimes 'says no' to that too so I go by her. Don't cut back on the milk as that is important. Go with your baby and follow her lead.

rhys has his off days too, i just give a little bit to rhys 1 hr after his milk in the morning and a little bit of veg and fruit puree after his teatime bottle before his bed time bottle.
he may occasionally have a little bit of something at lunchtime depending on his mood
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->