Help ladies! Op for selected c section or risk another 3rd degree tear ???

Reenywoo

Reaction score
Hi there ladies. I am only 23 years old and i have a 7 month old son and currently 11 weeks pregnant. To start it off with my first i went over by 13 days and had to b induced. Got epidural the pain was so bad. He got tired and heartbeat was dropping so all these doctors rushed in and had a vontose delievery. He was a big 9lbs7ozs ! I got taken away to get stitched for 1 hour and 30mins. Afterwards a was in so much pain. Legs like elephants. Sore down there. Id say ive healed ok. But i hav constant piles n sometimes sore during sex. My legs took 8 weeks before going bk to normal. They always cramped n RLS. I lost loads of blood so was on so much medication afterwards. I had a stitch left in me which fell put at 12weeks pp. i wouldnt like to replay that all over again.

I have got the option to go for a c section. But its a major op. Could i do it to b in so much pain but b fully recovered in 6 weeks. Or risk going natural to not tear. Or end up tearing again but ending up with life long problems such as peeing or pooping myself n much worse n jst b unlucky to not heal nxt time. Ill hav a 13 month old so havin a c section would b difficult n looking after my son never mind a new born aswell. Or it could b different nxt time if a go natural next time if my baby wasnt as big. And i didnt hav epidural as tht stopped me frm being able to push. This is jst all so confusing. Has anyone got any advice. ?

If it were me i would absolutely do c section. For them to even be offering you this its clearly a good choice. Also I have friends who have had both natural but similar experience to you & c section & in many cases c section has been better recovery. It is as you say a major operation though.

I would sit down with your consultant and previous notes and discuss it - how the first tear happened (was it just because he was big or could delivery have been handled better? Etc) and what the risk factors would be this time around (potential for another big baby; the fact that the previous tear was so recent).

I had a 3rd degree with DS but no one has even brought up the idea of a section, which is fine by me! However, mine was 3 years ago now and wasn't due to position or size, just bad luck - he had his hand up by his face so his elbow caused the damage.

I would also consider whether your fear of another tear would prevent labour from progressing, increasing the risk of assisted delivery or an unplanned section. It must be really hard :hugs:

He was getting tired and his heartbeat was dropping so they had to get him out fast which mean vontose delievery and cut. But his size didnt help n made the tear worse. Think cause i couldnt push because the epidural stopped me feeling the urge to push and so on ...

This is so hard i cant stop reading stories on c sections and everything to help me ! :(

Hi there ladies. I am only 23 years old and i have a 7 month old son and currently 11 weeks pregnant. To start it off with my first i went over by 13 days and had to b induced. Got epidural the pain was so bad. He got tired and heartbeat was dropping so all these doctors rushed in and had a vontose delievery. He was a big 9lbs7ozs ! I got taken away to get stitched for 1 hour and 30mins. Afterwards a was in so much pain. Legs like elephants. Sore down there. Id say ive healed ok. But i hav constant piles n sometimes sore during sex. My legs took 8 weeks before going bk to normal. They always cramped n RLS. I lost loads of blood so was on so much medication afterwards. I had a stitch left in me which fell put at 12weeks pp. i wouldnt like to replay that all over again.

I have got the option to go for a c section. But its a major op. Could i do it to b in so much pain but b fully recovered in 6 weeks. Or risk going natural to not tear. Or end up tearing again but ending up with life long problems such as peeing or pooping myself n much worse n jst b unlucky to not heal nxt time. Ill hav a 13 month old so havin a c section would b difficult n looking after my son never mind a new born aswell. Or it could b different nxt time if a go natural next time if my baby wasnt as big. And i didnt hav epidural as tht stopped me frm being able to push. This is jst all so confusing. Has anyone got any advice. ?

Your birth story is frighteningly similar to mine, its almost as if I wrote this post myself
In my case the vontose failed as much as the consultant and midwives pulled on it they took turns!! They just couldn't get my daughter out they ended up having to cut an even larger episiotomy towards my leg and use forceps and literally rip my daughter out because there was no heartbeat detected she came out grey floppy lifeless and was rushed away to resuscitation. I was pretty much ripped to bits the force of the forceps sprayed blood up the wall it was something out of a horror movie I stayed in hospital for 4 days after for my daughter to be monitored and I was in agony and would cry at the thought of moving or having to go to thr toilet I got home and I got given a special cushion that you could pump up with little hand pumps because I just couldn't sit down within 24 hours of leaving hospital all my stitches burst open and it was horrific the hospital wouldn't re-stitch because of infection i had to live my life with a huge gaping weeping rotting hole 6 inches long where my vagina once used to be and it took 5 long months of heavy painkillers and salt baths for it to fully heal up I was so incredibly depressed I had nightmares and post traumatic stress.
I now have a good amount of uncomfortable scar tissue.

I just can't risk a natural delivery again and have that happen again im going to push for a planed c-section. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->