HELP landlords kicking me out!!

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
got a section 21 letter today saying he wants possesion of the property by 17 january:cry: i have 3 kids:( rang his secetery who said hes selling the property, what legal route can i take? just to add cab have told me i can get him done as he hasnt serviced the boiler in 3 years?:( beyond stressed tbh:(:(

I'm really sorry, but if you are on a rolling contract then he is entitled to give you notice to leave.

What do you mean by what legal route can you take - do you mean so that you don't have to leave?

Unfortunately this is part of renting. 2 months notice is a pretty standard clause in any contract and if you signed agreeing to that there won't be a lot you can do. I suggest checking your rental agreement but honestly it's likely you will have to move.

Could you speak with your local council for the home finder surely you would be placed high priority for a house since your landlords kicking you out?

I have no advice but I would def see the council see if they can help x

2 months notice is the normal for a landlord to kick you out..

you can try & speak to him, say you need more time & can you stay until the property is sold.. he will probably say no though as he will want the flat empty & ready for the sale to be as quick as possible for him.

other than that ide get to the council on Monday- you will need to take propf that this has been said though (a letter or email). xx

Yeah like the others have said, I think his given you a reasonable amount of time and I think you should speak to the council first thing Monday morning, they will most definitely I help you x

How horrible having to deal with this in the run up to Christmas. Hope you get something sorted x

I'm sorry hun but we moved a few months ago and this is completely the norm. Check your tenancy but I bet it says 2 months notice. As long as he's given you the section 21 notice he's completely within the law.

I know moving sucks, but is there any reason you don't want to move? We didn't want to but actually our new place is so much better!!

i havnt had a tenency agreement with him in about 4 years:S also he hasnt serviced the boiler in 4 yrs :/ tbh i did want to move given more than 2 months as lately been going through alot and now this:( im soo stressed:cry:

i havnt had a tenency agreement with him in about 4 years:S also he hasnt serviced the boiler in 4 yrs :/ tbh i did want to move given more than 2 months as lately been going through alot and now this:( im soo stressed:cry:

Unfortunately he is still within his rights and 2 months is the right amount of notice. Even without the tenancy, you can verbalise a statutory 6 month tenancy which gives u the basic rights including you give the landlord 1 month notice and he landlord gives you 2 months notice. Even with the boiler issue it won't give you extra time in the house. I would go to the council they should be able to help. Renting is horrible I know it sucks not to have that stability and to know that the place you call home is just someone's investment.
The council can offer you a bond to help you move, they may be able to put you in temp accommodation but then you will be on a list for social housing. The benefit of that is u won't really get faced with the same issue and rent will be cheaper.good luck x

You will be on a rolling contract then (if you do not sign a new contract every 6 months/year, then your fixed term contract converts to a periodic (rolling) tenancy), so 2 months notice is the legal requirement. He isn't obligated to have the boiler serviced, but he is required to have a gas safety certificate issued every year covering all gas appliances. However if he hasn't done this, it will have no effect on the section 21.

I understand you don't want to move, but unless he agrees to an extension then there is nothing you can do.

We tried selling a tenanted property and it was so difficult that we took it off the market. Mortgage companies sometimes have problems with tenants being in situ as well, so your landlord probably thinks having an empty property is the best way to sell it.

Hope the council can help you and that you get a new a home you're happy in x

I agree with the others lovely, the contract is probably now rolling. So 2 months is fair, unfortunately this close to Christmas and with three little ones its difficult for you.
:(:hugs:
Get onto the council chick, you will find something don't worry!

xx

When is your rental period and when did he give notice? For example we pay rent on the 1st so our rental period is the 1st to the 1st.

Such a shame right on Christmas too! I agree to go to the council they must be able to help you x

I hope you can find somewhere lovely to move to.

thanks for replies,,
think i may be in luck "" for once"" a local landlord who my mil knows may have a flat up for rent and hes going to let us know asap,, fingers crossed i get it, x

As others have said, 2 months is pretty standard. It's bad timing of your landlord with Xmas coming.

Hope you find a lovely new house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->