help me clean out my washing machine!

S

Siyren

i do a 90 degree wash on empty with just detergent once a fortnight
but the powder tray is disgusting
and the poxy thing isnt draining properly once the washing cycle has finished!
help!

x

You can take the powder tray out and give it a good scrub you have to pull it out and lift and it will come out. As to the draining it is probably full of fluff, at the bottom of the washing machine should be a little flap if you open it there is a thing you unscrew and all the rank stuff will come out before you unscrew it put a tray on the floor to catch it all you might need to use a teaspoon to scrape it out if its really bad. Then once you have done all that run it at 90 with a small amount of washing powder.

thanks babe, ive just realised i dont have your number.
can you svk it to me?

i will let you know how the washing machine mission goes! x

White vinegar is great for cleaning out the machine! :) just run an empty wash with it.

What powder do you use? Non bio and liquids dont kill germs like Bio does (liquid is AWFUL for your washing machine).

When you put it on a 90 wash, either run it empty, or put a cup of soda crystals, or a teaspoon of (dish) washing up liquid in the drawer. Soda Crystals are a wonderful degreaser.

If its not draining, maybe your filter is blocked? Do you have a little panel on the front of the washer, at the bottom, that you can pull open? Usually there is an opening to the filter there that unscrews (its for emergency draining of the washer but do it when the washer is drained and finished). We clean ours out every now and then. Weve found money, and bankcards and kids bloody toys in there! :shock:

we are now using bio i think (its ariel activlift- im pretty sure thats not non bio)
but we were using tesco non bio before.
where do i buy soda crystals as silly as that sounds?

and im not sure bout the panel- we have a panel tpye thing that runs the section of the bottom of the machine, but it doesnt look like the one on the old machine and im not sure it comes off x

The panel should come off and there will be a thing to unscrew under there somewhere normally on the right hand side.

oki doki, i shall wait til this load has finished (so wish i'd posted this before i put that load on)
and then i'll hace a proper look! x

oki doki, i shall wait til this load has finished (so wish i'd posted this before i put that load on)
and then i'll hace a proper look! x

I'll put a pic of mine on to give you an idea. And soda crystals are normally with the washing powder. I know Sainsburys, Co-op and Asda sell them, so the other supermarkets probably will too. Theyre about 90p a bag :)

https://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h79/rebeccagornall/35b3c1b7.jpg

https://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h79/rebeccagornall/e53561ab.jpg

^You unscrew the black bit, and that is the filter. The little white bit pulls out and can be used to drain the washer if ever needed, but if youre washer is off, you shouldnt need this.

thanks hun that's great, i'll have to drain mine when this load is done,
and then i just clean the filter right?
eek i so wish i had the kind of parents that taught me this stuff!
im vowing to make sure lyss knows all she needs to know when she leaves home x

eeew yes. fluff, clothes labels, a button and 50p pmsl!

i reckon it was the 50p that was doing the damage, it took some doing getting the dman thing out

Haha Oh well at least you know now! Out of interest, is your filter in the same place as mine?

mine's on the left. and the panel covers the entire bottom of the washing machine lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->