Help me give up smoking please!

Ju_bubbs

Proud single Mummy of 5!
Reaction score
Right girls, I thought I'd come here for help coz a lot of you have probably gone through giving up smoking too!

I'm finding it REALLY hard, this is the 4th time I've seriously tried to give up, the last 3 times were when I got pregnant on my 3 lil ones, and failed each time! I stressed me out so much that my midwife and doctor actually told me its probably better for my baby if I DON'T give up and just cut down as much as possible!!!

I've been smoking heavily, about 30 a day for about 15 years. since I had my first baby, nearly 10 years ago I've even been smoking at night too, no matter how many times I wake in the night wether its once, or 20 times, each time I cant go back to sleep uinless I get up and have a cig! If I dont, I'll just lay there tossing and turning untill morning, when I get up and have one!

I've litrally tried everything, I banned smoking in my house, thinking that when it comes to winter and I have to go outside in the rain at 3am, it would help.. but no... that doesn't put me off in the slightest! I've tried books, support groups, patches, taking up cross stitch, voluntary work, fish keeping... anythign that would keep me busy! and nothing has worked! My doc has just put me on niquitin gum, but to be honest, when I chew it, it makes me feel drunk, dizzy and light headed, which aint much good when I have children to drive to school.. lol

And the other annoying thing is, all the stop smoking ads... everytime I see one, it instantly reminds me that I havn't had a cig for a while, so then I go have one!!!!! GRR. Sorry for the rant, as you can probably tell this is stressing me out pretty badly lol... any more suggestions? aNything else that has worked for you?

I'm sorry your finding it so hard too :(

I'm currently trying to stop as well, I have been for a few weeks but it's just not worked.
This time I've decided I'm serious but I'm really not sure if it's gonna work.

It's taking the full strength nicotine patches + the inhalors + the gum just to control my cravings at the minute. I've tried all of the nicotine replacement stuff and nothing really works for me unless its in huge amounts!

I go to fresh start to see an advisor (they do it at most boots) and you can get the nicotine stuff on prescription, its great if you get free prescriptions :) They also support you through stopping smoking.

Sorry I'm not any help. I hope you find something that helps you soon though :) x

I stopped for 3 months when I was pregnant , just couldnt smoke it made me very ill ..then once max was born I started to socially smoke !!! bad idea I now smoke daily but only when max isnt around or is sleeping ..I wouldnt dare smoke while hes around , no smoking in my house and yes im not the one to go out at 3am to have one ..I ve learned self control I could go 2 weeks without smoking to the next smoking like crazy ..

I tried all the stuff there is to quit out there but anything you will try will not work unless you have will power and determination

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->