help me squash my sex drive!!

hapi2bhealthy

Mummy to 1 princess
Reaction score
hellppp!!!:wacko:

DH and I have such an unmatched sex drive it's started to make me a feel a bit...unfulfilled...! :cry: I just came of BCP and my SD has come back with a VENGEANCE. I always always always had a high SD and now, oh my gosh, I'm like a single 20 yr old ALL THE TIME (and I am neither single, nor 20!!) The worst part is that DH has always had a LOW SD, and tbh we've only had amazing sex less than 10 times :cry: It's not BAD, it's just that there's never really been that "I need you right NOW" type stuff between us, with the exception of the first night we met :blush:

So I am NOT looking for people to tell me to leave my DH over this, or that I should stop being sl*tty or whatever, because that is of no help to me and I am refusing to leave an otherwise exceptionally happy marriage over a SD mis-match. However I am so worried that I will never feel fulfilled in that way again (I am just CRAVING that passionate throw down, ya know what I mean??:winkwink:), and I haven't even reached 30 yet (and isn't womens sexual peak from like 28-40???:dohh:).

So I need some practical advice on this. How to lower my SD, kill off those evil hormones that are screaming at me to basically do any good looking man I see (NO I WOULD NOT DO IT no matter how SO badly I want to). Whether we can do something for my DH to raise his SD (he confessed he has literally felt about 10 of those passionate, 'i need you now' moments in his WHOLE LIFE including as a teenager...:cry: so I don't think it's me). Even some kind of meditation or something to help me get through it/learn to live with never being totally fulfilled (I am not COMPLETELY unfulfilled, we do have good :sex:, just no passion/excitement).

I've tried talking dirty :blush:, dressing in sexy things, even getting him to take some herbs from the chemist...nothing has worked so far.

This is so embarrassing...!

But I need some help! :shy:

All i can say birth control.kills my SD.

Kinda opposite my house its OH thats SD through the roof but ive stopped birth control mine slowly returning lol

All i can say birth control.kills my SD.

Kinda opposite my house its OH thats SD through the roof but ive stopped birth control mine slowly returning lol

me too. except, we're TTC so that won't do me much good :haha:

What if you surprised him with some type of get away (even in your same town). It may be more exciting that way. Not sure how to reduce your drive unless you could go on the pill, but for me that doesn't reduce it, it kills it. ;)

What about getting him to talk to his doctor? He could have an imbalance of testosterone...

What about getting him to talk to his doctor? He could have an imbalance of testosterone...

actually yes we will be looking into it, just when we have enough money for it all :wacko: apparently it can be expensive if he needs the replacements. Sigh.

actually yes we will be looking into it, just when we have enough money for it all :wacko: apparently it can be expensive if he needs the replacements. Sigh.

Ah do you live in the states? I know the grass is always greener, but I wish I had you problem, I feel like I could not have sex for the rest of life and be fine with that lol. My poor OH has a sex drive like yours.

Ah do you live in the states? I know the grass is always greener, but I wish I had you problem, I feel like I could not have sex for the rest of life and be fine with that lol. My poor OH has a sex drive like yours.

Actually we live in Australia but DH is from Canada and he looked into it and said it costs $1500AUD!! (like $1600 CAD) I'm
Studying my Masters this year and not working much and we are about to go visit the inlaws in Toronto so we just haven't got the cash right now. In any case, I'm finding it's quite related to ovulating for me- however it's been a point of contention between the two of us for our whole marriage. It's only a problem around Ov time right now. We shall see!

Wow!!! That's crazy! What about him getting looked at when he gets back to Toronto? At least it would be a start...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->