Help, My Baby keeps whinging when ....

MelanieSweets

Reaction score
I feed him, he is 5.5months old and I have been feeding him porridge and baby rice in the evenings, I dont feed him much but he is really starting to whinge and throw himself about when I feed him, he is fine before I feed him but then he starts whinging, he cant really sit up so we dont have a highchair so am feeding him in his bumbo at the moment but he tries to get out and he throws himself all over the place, its generally hard work, he doesnt open his mouth sometimes then he does after then he doesnt I feel like he is playing games .... any advice would be welcomed because its starting to stress me out, he does love his bottle and is usually fine with that but when it comes to feeding he's a nightmare, shall I get a highchair now? is the bumbo the problem? or is he just not ready ? Help !! x x :cry:

Sounds like he, like a lot of babies, doesn't like being fed. Have you thought about doing baby led weaning?

I would think about a highchair :) Ben tends to arch his back now in the bumbo and hes alot more secure in a highchair - you my find LO then takes to eating..

You could also try a basic small stage one jar food, maybe the rice/porridge is too bland and he's come to expect the 'boringness' of it?

Hope it gets better babe!

xx

He may just not be ready for solids. We started with Hayden at 6mo and he just didn't like solids, he didn't want to eat, he was fully content on breastmilk alone and didn't really eat anything more than a couple bites over those first 3mo doing it..he wasn't eating until 9mo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->