Help my toddler is headbutting!

MileyMamma

Reaction score
I have had enough! My 22 month old daughter constantly headbutts me, me, the floor, the walls... In fact anything she can when she gets upset, I'm worried she's going to really hurt herself and it's getting out of control, she's given me fat lips, bruises on my head and chest and eye! She's driving me mad and I don't know what to do! It's all her temper and tantrums but I have never experienced this before! Please help I need some advice!

Sorry I can't suggest much as my lo doesn't do this however his little friend does. The boys are both 2 and if he doesn't get his own way or even if it's just a tantrum over nothing he head butts the floor/walls and my friend. She spoke to somebody about it and was told that he will grow out of it. If she's at home and has a tantrum put her somewhere she can't hurt herself maybe next to you on the couch!

It's pretty scary when you see it but I think it can be normal for some toddlers x

I hope it stops soon she was trying to do it in the shopping center today and the floor is concrete! She needs a padded cell lol!

Hey there, sorry i haven't come with a great deal of advice, jyst wanted you to know you're not alone! My lo started headbutting the metal stairgate during tantrums at bedtime, i was so worried cos she did it so hard! If we tried to intervene and move her she'd find something else to hit her head on, like the doorframe etc. It was scary at times! I read up a little on it and was advised to not react when it happened (makes sense, no attention and it ought to stop, right?!) And remember toddlers wouldn't have the force in them to do serious lasting damage to themselves. It's tough though, there were times i was in tears listening and not going up to stop her. She doesn't do it so often now, maybe it worked or maybe the phase is ending....
good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->