Help needed and advice

HayleyJJ

Reaction score
So I had a section 9 days ago milk came in Sunday my boy won't latch so I been pumping been getting 1 Oz every 30 mins pumping and do this 4 times a day yesterday an got 2 Oz and was very happy since then hardly nothing in 30 min pumps

Today tried skin to skin no leakage nothing do you think it sounds like my milk is drying up?

I don't want to keep trying and getting hardly nothing

Any advice welcome and thanks in advance

My boobs now feel totally normal and not sore nothing

I have also had a constant dull headache for few days is this an hormonal headache midwife didn't seem bothered at all when I mentioned it x

when you say you are just now getting your milk in - do you mean you have been getting the colostrum and now your transitional milk is in?? You know it can be hard with Csection.

Be patient with your pump! Your body is not confused, it knows that thing isn't your baby. Have you tried a nipple shield to get your baby to nurse??

Do you have a double electric pump and are using that? If so try 20 min pumping instead. Your body may be rebelling agains the 30 mins of abuse!

Only 4 times a day is not close to enough to establish your milk supply. Unfortunately, you will need to pump every 2 hours durring they day and no longer than a 3 hour stretch at night to stimulate proper milk flow. (4 hours absolute max at night time if you just can't bare 3 hours) If you continue to only do 4 pumping sessions a day your milk will dry up.

I have supply issues sence I went back to work and my little guy doesn't wake up to eat in the night time any more so I have to pump in the middle of the night to keep things going close to properly. I still have to supplement him about 3-5oz a day with formula :( but I am working on it! Soooo I drink a big glass of water before I go to bed. That way I naturally wake up around 1am to go to the bathroom and I pump before I go back to bed. (or I fall asleep on the couch pumping lol) I feel like it is nicer than setting an alarm clock. Of course my LO is old enough to sleep through the night and yours still doesn't. If you don't already have one, maybe make yourself a hands free pumping bra so you can bottle feed your sweet LO while you pump out his next bottle. :)

It's not fun - but increase your pumps to 8-12 per day and do it for less time (15-20 mins). That will be closer to baby's demands. You can even try power pumping in the evening to simulate cluster feeding.

I don't think I could pump anymore than every 3 hours I tried increasing it didn't make any difference to my amount I produced at all

My milk came in on Sunday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"