Help needed

bubbles

1DS, 1DD & preggo
Reaction score
I have very kindly been given a pram from a distant relative. The thing is it's an old silver cross pram which I love and wanted intially but I'm very usure about whether I'll use it now as it is quite hefty and neither DH or I drive but everything is local. Am I being too self conscious? has anyone had one and would say they are a good/bad idea?

I live in Canada so we don't have the same brands here...........but we don't own a car either so buying a lightweight stroller that could be taken on and off public transit was a HUGE thing for us. I'm honestly not sure how I'd approach the situation though..........I guess it would depend on whether the relative went out and bought the pram or if it's a handme down type thing....

It is a hand me down which isn't my problem I just worry too much about what other people think.

The pram is a bit like this https://www.silvercross.co.uk/images/library/59fdcec4-.jpg but a different colour

Thats a pretty big pic :blush:

If its impractical for you then no one would care if you think twice about having it.

If you like it and it does the job for what you want/need then dont worry about anyone else

Who cares what anyone else thinks? If you like it then use it - I love the traditional silver cross prams :hugs:

If I could afford it, I'd have one of those prams, I don't care how inconvenient they are, they're beautiful. My mum had one with me and my brother (it only cost her £25, can you believe that?!) and I just think they're perfect. Absolutely perfect. :)

OMG I would ADORE one of those prams! They are simply stunning! The new ones in that design sell for £800 now. They are VERY fashionable right now.

It's a beautiful pram! Don't worry about what anyone else thinks! :hugs:

Thanks ladies. I'm gonna keep looking at it (its at my mums) and have a long hard think about alternatives when using public transport

They're really great prams!! If you have everything locally and no need to get it in a car then it's great. Also I think you'll get a lot of comments about how beautiful it is!

The silver cross prams have quite a lot of street cred (though we all know that really doesn't matter) ...but I was having a conversation with my parents and friend the other day, all of whom have used them and all of whom said "they are an absolute nightmare just to get in and out of your front door...and if you've got steps, good luck!"

If you want something more practical I would just say a polit "thanks, but no thanks" to the relative who has given it to you.

Lxxx

i think its beautiful :) gimmie one of those over these new "moon buggys" any day haha sorry i do mean those quinnys they remind me of something out of a sci-fi film and they look really unstable. i would have that pram personally but there so expensive and you know there used by the royal family etc

Those proper silver cross prams are also supposed to be good for your baby in terms of posture and things

Its a beautiful pram! I love them, my mum is giving me the old one she used for me as a bub, it is great but to be honest i will only really be using it in the garden or for short strolls as we have another pram for general use.
Maybe your mum could keep it at her house for whenever she babysits?

The only reason I asked about the hand me down is because it may be easier to refuse it since your relative hasn't invested any money in it, if you know what I mean. :hugs: Is it possible you could keep this one but also get another lighter weight one for when you need something more flexible?

I absolutely LOVE those prams!! Just not practical for us because we have to drive everywhere! I keep seeing people with them around here and think they look great!

The other thing that they are good for is letting the baby sleep in. So many of the modern prams just give the babies no space when they put their little arms out.

When my mum had my brother she was given one by a friend and that was all she used it for - it saved her buying a moses basket or crib before he was ready for his cot.

Update on the pram. Hubby and I are looking into having it refurbished (new wheels, paint job, apron etc) He has managed to talk me round as it is what I wanted to start with and it will be better for baby (and our finances) still looking into alteratives for long distant trips

yay!!! :happydance:

so pleased you went with that decision, they are just the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->