Help Needed

KandKsMama

Mom of 3 girls under 4
Reaction score
Ok so Sunday night I started to get some bad pain on my right side and back and blood in my urine. It stopped so I assumed it was a kidney stone and it had passed. The next night it is back so DH takes me to urgent care at our clinic and the doctor I see is a complete idiot. He asks if it is possible I am pg (I say yes because I have had 3 faint BFPs and no AF yet) he then says yea I doubt you are but I will check your urine. Hello my urine is diluted because I have been peeing every 5 minutes for the last hour or so and you are lucky if there is a drop in the cup. He checks my belly, then has a nurse give me an IV of fluids and some pain med. Halfway through the fluids (I am still in pain but not so severe) he sends me home. Since then I have been horribly sick with times of being overly cold, shaking, turning blue but having a fever of 101, to being super hot, sweating and having a fever of 103. I am feeling a little better now hence why I snuck online before I had another round of severe illness to see what everone's take is on this. Has anyone else experienced something like this? DH is making me go to one of the best hospitals in the country tomorrow (if not sooner) if I dont get better.

sounds like a bad uti. Common in pregnancy. How bad was your pain in your right side? Did it make you throw up? Did he give you antibiotics or an official diagnosis? Did the blood stop? I hope you getting feeling better soon :hugs:

That's almost exactly what I experienced in July.. I had a kidney infection :( very painful, makes you feel like utter crap. I remember I had flank pain, I wasn't urinating any more than usual, and I didn't have blood in my urine, but it was sort of cloudy and smelled different than usual (noticeable smell). I had a fever, was very lethargic and slept HOURS a day and sweat a lot too.. went to an ambulatory care facility and got put on 2 weeks of antibiotics. They gave me some tylenol 3s but they didn't even ease the pain (didn't know I was pregnant and took them for a couple days), and just had to wait for the antibiotics to kick in really.

It really does suck though. Hope you feel better!

Sounds like a UTI. I had a similar thing a while back (my boss refused to pay me for sick leave because she didn't believe....even though I had several courses of anti-biotics (from her- Pharmacist) wtf?) Anyway! That Dr definately sounds a bit iffy, I'd get yourself someone else and get some treatment sorted, otherwise it could develop into a kidney infection or something which is not nice.

Hope you get better soon. :)

xxxx

Well DH finally rushed me into the ER (a good hospital, the one I delivered both my girls at) on Thursday night (MIL and the baby in tow) they did two urine tests, tons of blood work and came back telling me without a doubt that I had a very nasty UTI and made me stay for a few hours until my fever went down. The nurse didn't know how the idiot doctor at the clinic got no sign of the infection in my urine because it was so bad it had to have been on going for a while. The dr. told me I was lucky it hadn't spread to a kidney infection, or worse having urine back up. I am on an 8 day round of antibiotics at 2 pills a day. Thank you for all your answers, seems like they were right on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->