Help needed!!

lcside

Mummy to Erin
Reaction score
She won't eat solids anymore. :hissy:

We started Erin on solids 2 weeks before she was 6 months and was doing very well. She liked all veg and fruit, porridge and baby yoghurts and she was on 3 meals a day.

Well she has had a bad throat and chest infection and was very poorly, she was on antibiotics for a week. She was being sick on everything. So for a few days we had to give her just milk 1oz at a time.

She is now drinking her milk again fine but is refusing all solids. As soon as the spoon comes towards her she clamps her mouth shut, turns her head away and arches her back. If we do manage to get a bit of food in her mouth she keeps gagging (even though its runny purree that she loved (apple, pear, porridge etc).

I don't know whether she is not fully well again yet and thats why she doesn't want it.
I don't know what to do, is it ok that she is only having milk at 6 and half months?

Any advice really appreciated please. xxx

oh sweetie, firstly big :hugs: - you are ecohing everything i worry about - maddi is 7months today and has only just, today started two meals. she started solids at 5 and half months to, same as erin, all was fine and then she got gastro flu, and solids stopped for ages. don't worry too much, as long as she's having fluids/milk thats fine (according to my gp) just keep tryin with the solids and she'll get back their eventually, may i suggest baby rice - v bland and just like milk :) lots of luck honey, and if your more worried maybe a trip to the dr/hv to put your mind at rest

:hug: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->