Help! Not enough milk to go out without LO

sunnylove

Reaction score
I am set to do a bunch of things in the coming week and I'd like to leave baby with a babysitter. DH's sister came home for the holidays and really wants to babysit before she leaves next week and I don't want to tell her no, "I don't have enough milk stored up," but I don't!! I hate pumping and can never seem to find the time or desire. I've thought about introducing formula for when he's babysat, but I REALLY don't want to. Is it OK though? I'm afraid he will not drink it or have a bad reaction to it. Is there anything I can do??

how long are you going out for, could you not just go out for a shorter time, feed him before you go and directly you get back? that should buy you about 3 ish hours?
Don't give formula if you don't want to, and don't feel pressured to go out and spend more time away from lo than you feel comfortable with.

Maybe try pumping two times a day for couple of days. After first morning feed and last feed. It should get you a few ounces for just in case.

Maybe try pumping two times a day for couple of days. After first morning feed and last feed. It should get you a few ounces for just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->