Help. not felt baby move

fifie123

Reaction score
im 19 weeks and 3 days and not felt baby move, why?

Plenty of women don't feel anythign until much later. I only felt somethign at 19+6, and even then it was feint. You could have an anterior placenta, which would mean that it would absorb the feel of the kicks to the outside, so you would feel less. Also remember that if this is your first baby, you may not feel anything until later anyway.

I kept reminding myself that as long as my belly was growing, I didn't have any pain or bleeding, then the baby was doing well. I hope you feel something soon, but remember you will have your scan soon so you will see the baby live and kicking soon enough.

Could be lots of things, placenta at the front, him/her kicking inwards, I didnt feel my LO till about 20+3 and then it was "is it, isnt it?" some are just late starters :)

you probably have an anterior placenta (which means its at the front) & it will be muffling your babys movements

this is the same for me & im slightly further along than you

its still early to be feeling regular movements tho so dont worry :hugs: xx

ask at your 20 week scan where the placenta is

I wouldn't worry either but I know for a fact that's easier said than done. I personally found a great deal of comfort in going in to see my midwife (in the 19th week as I had an appointment) and she picked up the heartbeat. Just a little thing like that can really be relieving, I think. I've heard some don't feel anything even into the early 20+ weeks.

Try not to worry, I've just seen my MW this morning & she said that it's normal not to feel anything until about 22 weeks with a first baby.

You've just got to be patient :) xx

I only felt something at 19 + 3 - and then I was still unsure if it was baby or not! It will happen very soon xx

My first baby I felt at 13 weeks, my second at 17 weeks, and this one I'm still not feeling!!!!!! Both with anterior placenta.

I have heard a heartbeat but thats not what worries me I get worried about baby having problems or something.

The MW says I have nothing to worry about, and her words I'm being stupid to worry about it so early!

Anyway, if your worried speak to the mw, but I think it is very common! I just wish I could feel this little bugger so it would verify the pregnancy, right now I just look and feel fat with pelvic pain!

Ice cold water is common recommendation, some babies respond to sugary things and others to hot drinks. Other people swear by baths and just having time to yourself to lie down.

huge hugs, hope you get some kicks real soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->