Help. not felt baby move

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by fifie123, Dec 16, 2009.

1. fifie123

fifie123 Well-Known Member

im 19 weeks and 3 days and not felt baby move, why?

2. Lara310809

Lara310809 Mum of 3 girls

Plenty of women don't feel anythign until much later. I only felt somethign at 19+6, and even then it was feint. You could have an anterior placenta, which would mean that it would absorb the feel of the kicks to the outside, so you would feel less. Also remember that if this is your first baby, you may not feel anything until later anyway.

I kept reminding myself that as long as my belly was growing, I didn't have any pain or bleeding, then the baby was doing well. I hope you feel something soon, but remember you will have your scan soon so you will see the baby live and kicking soon enough.

3. Claire788

Claire788 Mum to Gorgeous boy!

Could be lots of things, placenta at the front, him/her kicking inwards, I didnt feel my LO till about 20+3 and then it was "is it, isnt it?" some are just late starters :)

4. NickyT75

NickyT75 RIP Sophie my angel

you probably have an anterior placenta (which means its at the front) & it will be muffling your babys movements

this is the same for me & im slightly further along than you

its still early to be feeling regular movements tho so dont worry :hugs: xx

5. chele

chele Mummy to Max & Hayden

ask at your 20 week scan where the placenta is

6. Minstermind

Minstermind Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry either but I know for a fact that's easier said than done. I personally found a great deal of comfort in going in to see my midwife (in the 19th week as I had an appointment) and she picked up the heartbeat. Just a little thing like that can really be relieving, I think. I've heard some don't feel anything even into the early 20+ weeks.

7. Jo1984

Jo1984 Proud Mam to Thomas

Try not to worry, I've just seen my MW this morning & she said that it's normal not to feel anything until about 22 weeks with a first baby.

You've just got to be patient :) xx

8. Emx

Emx Mum/Cautiously pregnant

I only felt something at 19 + 3 - and then I was still unsure if it was baby or not! It will happen very soon xx

9. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star WTT for a possible no4???

My first baby I felt at 13 weeks, my second at 17 weeks, and this one I'm still not feeling!!!!!! Both with anterior placenta.

I have heard a heartbeat but thats not what worries me I get worried about baby having problems or something.

The MW says I have nothing to worry about, and her words I'm being stupid to worry about it so early!

Anyway, if your worried speak to the mw, but I think it is very common! I just wish I could feel this little bugger so it would verify the pregnancy, right now I just look and feel fat with pelvic pain!

Ice cold water is common recommendation, some babies respond to sugary things and others to hot drinks. Other people swear by baths and just having time to yourself to lie down.

huge hugs, hope you get some kicks real soon!