Help please!! For those who have been induced before

laurajade__x

Reaction score
This is my first baby I'm 40+3 and my blood pressure is up and down and babies growth has slowed.. I've been in hosp since my due date Friday and they decided to induce.. I had propess pessary put in Sunday morning and my cervix was still far back and posterior.. 1cm. At about 6 last night I started getting period like pains and over the night they got worse and started to come in waves. Was checked this morning to see if they could break my waters but there was only little change and they have put another 24hr propess in.. Still getting these pains and they are awful! Nearly crying already and it's not even labour yet.. Sometimes they come every 10 mins other times they come every 3 mins!! Didnt get any sleep last night and codeine didnt work.. Are these pains normal? I feel as though there is lots of pressure down there and when the pains come it hurts more to sit down.. Has anybody has any similar experiences? Did anything come of the second pessary or did that do nothin aswel? What can I do to ease these pains I feel like such a puff cause I know this aint going to be a patch on labour I just wish the pains meant things were happening but it's not! :(

awww i completely feel for you, i was induced with my first and i hated it, the pains were awful and very intense to say the least.
I thought i was being a right wuss at first, only thing was my labour came on straight away within two hrs of the pessary being put in, i tried a bath as advised and the ball but it was so uncomfy to sit down, the only thing that eased it was gas and air for me until i had a spinal block for the emcs.
Sending lots of hugs and i hope you find a way of coping, its hard but i completely understand what you feel like xxx

The second one worked for me, but right at the end. They gave me half hour to walk around before they were going to plan a c section. I got out the bed and my waters went. Walking is the best thing I think you can do.

I was in for a few days and found the pain awful. It's the stress, lack of sleep and worry that makes the pain worse too :hugs:

Good luck x

What is the pain? Cause its not labour pain or contractions I don't think midwives haven't said anything about it though.. It's awful I don't know how I'm going to cope when I do get proper contractions! I wish it would just hurry up so I can get some good pain relief lol :( xx

I had this when I was induced first time around. I went in 40 +12 days........I was already 2cm but baby was only 3/5th engaged. The pains I got were intense in my bum kinda pains......like someone was trying to crack my cocyxx, not period type pains. But then wouldn't let my get off my arse unfortunately :( So I think that was why so much pain. I did for about 45 mins get on my knees and the pain changed to pressure in my foof.
I couldn't feel any contractions - but was having them. I ended up with an epidural for the back pain, not the contraction pain!

I had this when I was induced first time around. I went in 40 +12 days........I was already 2cm but baby was only 3/5th engaged. The pains I got were intense in my bum kinda pains......like someone was trying to crack my cocyxx, not period type pains. But then wouldn't let my get off my arse unfortunately :( So I think that was why so much pain. I did for about 45 mins get on my knees and the pain changed to pressure in my foof.
I couldn't feel any contractions - but was having them. I ended up with an epidural for the back pain, not the contraction pain!

Yeah I get the pain that's like in my bum and I can't sit down it kills! It's at bottom of my belly too like period pain.. What is the pain in the bum?

When I was induced with my DD it took 4 days before she made an appearance, and several attempts of shoving prostin gel up me. She just didn't want to come out! I was contracting after each prostin insertion, and that would last a few hours and then just die away again.

Yeah I get the pain that's like in my bum and I can't sit down it kills! It's at bottom of my belly too like period pain.. What is the pain in the bum?

If they won't let you get up and move around, see if you can get on your hands and knees. That usually eases the back pain. It's even better if you can lean over a yoga/birthing ball. Otherwise try straddling a chair backwards in a hot shower with the water hitting your back! Good luck, you'll be holding baby before you know it!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->