help please, i just need a break!

navywag

Reaction score
basically, im totally worn out!!!
zac is now 6 1/2 months old, and ive fed him every feed since he was born, he will just not take any form of bottle or cup from me or anyone else, went out for my friends baby shower over christmas, lasted 2 hours before dh phoned me, zac screaming like ive never heard before and i had to go back.
we are blw so hes not getting a full tummy from food and still relys on milk,
im exhausted, i would love to be able to take dd for a girlie day out, or go out with friends and maybe even have a few drinks!!
zac still wakes up a few times a night so not enough time for alcohol to get out of my system before a feed!
he has upper lip tie, never been examined for posterior tounge tie and have heard that might affect him not being able to get suction on a bottle as he can manipulate my nipple alot better?
sorry for the long post but would really appreciate some advice!

Attachments

• zacbathx.jpg
    zacbathx.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 3
Can you go to your gp or HV to get them to look for tongue tie? It is not good for you to be so exhausted and you need a lot of credit for bfing for so long. I hope you get some answers soon.

Hi my little boy is 5 months and ebf. I am the same in that i cant really leave him as he wont take a bottle. I have recently gone back to my gym class twice a week and i express some milk for a bottle in the day for that night while im gone. He has only recently started to take the bottle. He seems to be ok with the tommee tipee closer to nature ones. I dont have any advice on the lip tie but i would go and get that checked out as could be a factor in regards to not taking the bottle.
I breastfed my almost 5 year old as well and he took a bottle no problems. They are all so different. X

Sorry forgot to say my little boy also wakes up quite a bit in the night and will only settle if i feed him. Sometimes my OH will try and rock him in the moses basket to help him drift back off as im so tired and need to get up for school run for my older two boys and I think he may have settled once doing this. Lol. He slept better as a newborn. Xx

Thanks, good to know I'm not alone lol, my husband is in the navy, he went away when zac was 5 weeks old and has been back for 4 weekends and Christmas leave! So can't even get him to try to settle hm for me, I try to settle him without milk but never works, ends in him being wide awake and won't settle for at least an hour! So easier to just feed him back to sleep as your right getting up for the school run is horrible when your like a zombie! X

Bless you. I am always tired plus i have a horrible head cold and cough which isnt helping. I could really do with an afternoon nap today but then i worry about being late for the school run!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->