Help Please! I'm selling used baby clothes on ebay and a buyer keeps winning...

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned but eBay also take a fee on postage. The selling fee is a combination of end selling price + postage cost...a lot of people don't know this. The change went in 2014.

There is no benefit in inflating postage costs in attempt to avoid final value fees.

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned but eBay also take a fee on postage. The selling fee is a combination of end selling price + postage cost...a lot of people don't know this. The change went in 2014.

There is no benefit in inflating postage costs in attempt to avoid final value fees.

That is incorrect. They do not take fees from postage. I sold over £2000 between 15/16. Fees from paypal were only charged on the item, not the postage and then ebay took 10% of the item value not the postage. Same when a buyer delays payment, they only show the item amount, not the postage missing.

That is incorrect. They do not take fees from postage. I sold over £2000 between 15/16. Fees from paypal were only charged on the item, not the postage and then ebay took 10% of the item value not the postage. Same when a buyer delays payment, they only show the item amount, not the postage missing.

Hi SmartieMeUp,

That's interesting what you say, I double checked ebay and it says the below on my account. I am not a business seller just a regular seller.

Final value fee
Charged when your item is sold
Based on what the buyer paid, including postage and handling
Sellers are charged a final value fee when an item sells. If a sale isn't completed with a buyer, a final value fee will still apply. However, sellers may be eligible for a final value fee credit in this case.
Sellers pay a final value fee even if the insertion fee was free

My invoices show a final value fee of 10% on P&P and 10% final value fee on the final sale price - so 10% overall.

Paypal - I pay charges on the whole amount including P&P.

Maybe someone else could check their invoice as I don't want to be paying more than what I need to!!?

It doesn't give a thorough run down on the charges as they're old and I can't access them anymore. Sorry if they're crap quality, screenshotted on my phone.

Nevermind. Just made myself look stupid :haha: PayPal have charged on postage! My bad.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180303-154810.jpg
    Screenshot_20180303-154810.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20180303-155747.jpg
    Screenshot_20180303-155747.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics