Help please ladies

Maybe-Baby

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Popping in for some help, My best friend is due her first baby in 3 weeks i have been showing her information on cloth nappies and have convinced her its the best way forward

Anyway i was thinking off my present to the baby and i thought i would put together cloth nappies and what she needs to get started i would be looking to spend around £100-£150.

So where do i start not being a mum i have never bought a nappie before

Can she use cloth from day one?

She is going to hopefully be breast feeding so not sure if that makes a difference.

thanks in advance

Hi Hun,

What a lovely friend you are buying her a present like that!!

She can use cloth from day 1, although i didnt as i wanted to get settled with my baby before having the added washing ect of cloth nappies as my OH had no clue what to do with them so i needed to show him!

There are different kinds of nappies, Fitteds that are sized and need a wrap and then Pockets, all in ones and all in twos which dont need a wrap with them.

We use mainly Pockets, Itti Bittis, Bumgenius mainly.

We have a few fitteds, Tots Bots and wraps Bummis or Motherease Airflow ones are good.

She will also need a nappy bucket and a wet bag.

Hope this helps a little!

x

Hey - will you be my friend too? :rofl:

I'd say go for a mixture, some staple nappies like bumgenius flips, itti bittis or totsbots.
Then throw in a few 'pretties' like mini lala or issy bear. Most of those are birth to potty so she can get a good usage, although some, like the ittis are sizes small medium and large.

Why don't you try out www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk as they have free postage until end of May, and www.milliesnappies.co.uk run by a member on here, she has lovely stuff and cheap Blueberrys! (another 'pretty' nappy)

HTH

Oh and ment to say she could also do with some fleece liners to keep babies bum dry and protect the nappies. You can buy them pretty cheap, but I make my own by chopping up a pound shop fleece blanket :)

Hi Ladies

Popping in for some help, My best friend is due her first baby in 3 weeks i have been showing her information on cloth nappies and have convinced her its the best way forward

Anyway i was thinking off my present to the baby and i thought i would put together cloth nappies and what she needs to get started i would be looking to spend around £100-£150.

So where do i start not being a mum i have never bought a nappie before

Can she use cloth from day one?

She is going to hopefully be breast feeding so not sure if that makes a difference.

thanks in advance

What a gorgeous present! Why don't you buy the basic things she'll need like a bucket, wet wipes, wet bag etc, and order a nappy trial for her, with some different nappies for her to try out first. Then she could decide for herself what to use. You could buy her a voucher to make up the difference, so once she's decided what she likes, she can order them herself.

Does her council do a nappy incentive scheme as well? She may be entitled to some nappies or money off from them, too :winkwink:

Thanks ladies, Think imay get her a few nappies and bucket etc and then give her a voucher for the remaining amount, what a great idea thank you ladies.

I am off to pick some nice nappies now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->