Help please?

suzan

Reaction score
So since my son goes to a daycare from Sun to Thur, I have no idea how to schedule his solids intake.

I mean, I pick him up and we reach home around 3:10pm. I bath him, and set him ready if he needs to eat.

Yesterday we started with rice cereal at around 5pm. Today in the morning, I gave him a couple of spoons too from rice cereal.. OMG, he was starving and just wouldnt have much milk and still hungry!!! so the rice cereal solved the issue.

I want to start with either carrot or pumpkin like maybe tomorrow or after tomorrow.. I have no idea when to give him the food? I need u girls to help me know if either early in the morning at around 6am is the best time? that would be like few mins after he woke up as we leave home at 7am.. or should I send it to the daycare and they give it to him at around 9am? (Honestly I really want to give it to him instead of daycare) and then last option is 5pm.

Which should be the best time? I am new in solids, and have no idea! I know that its best to give it at AM so that we can watch for any reaction, but dont know if 6am is very soon to give him veggies?!

I would say 6am is too early only because it's right after he wakes up so he might not be ready to eat right away. I can understand why you don't want the daycare to feed him though, that you want to. What time is he n bed? I would try for right after you get home, like maybe 3:30-4 and then he'll be up for atleast a few hours after eating still right?

I would say 6am is too early only because it's right after he wakes up so he might not be ready to eat right away. I can understand why you don't want the daycare to feed him though, that you want to. What time is he n bed? I would try for right after you get home, like maybe 3:30-4 and then he'll be up for atleast a few hours after eating still right?

Yesterday after the rice cereal, he napped for like 10min. But he fussied a lot at night!!! dont know if its from the solids? But there will be a point where he will be having a couple of meals of solids a day and then surely he needs to be given at the daycare.. but I thought that as a beginning, I can give him in the afternoons

yea i'd give them when you get in too! when he's on 3 meals, daycare will have to give him some, but atm, just stick to a bit at 3.30-4ish, thats still a decent time for it to be considered dinner too!! well depending on bedtime! gives you time just to watch and check everything's ok too!! katie fussed a bit at night for the first little while after weaning, no idea why!!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->