• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help, please ?

IloveGravy

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me and my man out..
It started in December just gone when we had quite a big pregnancy scare. My period was acting up,lasted about 3 days,was really light. So we went to a crisis pregnancy centre and took a few tests,the first one came back as not strongly negative (dec 23rd),so we waited a while,my period came and was a week late and was light /almost gone on the third day (january) so we went back to the centre (jan 3rd) because we were worried,they booked me in for a scan to make sure everything was okay,they made me do another test and it was negative so they turned me away for the scan after that.
Basically my periods have been a week late at a time since the scare and dissapearing on the 3rd day but then coming back, Also since the scare in december I've been having mood swings and cravings,ive been nauseous and extremly tired and running to the bathroom like a mad thing. Another confusing thing is,I've had a lot of bloating since then,which has been getting firmer and bigger and rounder,at this stage I look like I'm about 3 months along. But all the tests are coming back negative...
I'm so confused,will someone be able to shed a little light on my situation ?
Please and thank you.

Can you go the ER? Perhaps don't mention all the negative tests, just say you are pregnant but feel something is wrong and get a scan?
I know that is an option here, as is paying later.

I think you need a proper hospital, a crisis center will be limited in how they can offer help.

I am going to tell you my story. With my first I took home test after test after test my doctors even did blood and urine tests all negative. Then I had a friend that thought she was pregnant I could only find tests with two in a box and told her she would only owe me half the price if I could have one. I took it expecting it to come back negative. It instantly came back positive! Being that I had been at the ER before this test and they had given me some very heavy duty pain medication for cramping I went back in to the ER and voiced my fear of the affects it had on the baby. They took me back and ran a blood test my HCG results came back at 6-8 weeks along. I wasn't sure when I got pregnant as my cycles were just all over the place! So my OB/GYN scheduled an ultrasound. A week later I went in for the ultrasound which revealed my blood work had been totally wrong and I was actually 12 weeks and 1 day pregnant! We were totally shocked at the news! I had an issue with my periods my senior year of high school where they just stopped for no reason so I was given medication to start them back up. Because of my history my doctors thought that this was happening again and that is why all my tests showed negative results. But in reality I was pregnant it just wasn't detectable. There are many reasons why this could happen to you. It could be possible stress that you still have over the scare causing abnormal cycles or just stress from life in general some illnesses can cause this too. Medications can cause changes as well if you are on any. I would go to the ER not tell them the ordeal you have been going through but voice concerns that you think you are pregnant and that you think something is wrong and see if they can find anything for you. Good Luck honey I hope everything works out this is never something that is simple. :hugs:

Thank you ! ,Itd be a bit too late for the ER at the moment but,I might give that a shot,although I have an ultrasound tomorrow because I went to my GP (i forgot to mention this above) with bad pains in my lower abdomen and she suspected a cyst but she wasnt sure,so I've the ultrasound tomorrow evening,should I say something to the person doing the ultrasound on me ?

Thank you ! ,Itd be a bit too late for the ER at the moment but,I might give that a shot,although I have an ultrasound tomorrow because I went to my GP (i forgot to mention this above) with bad pains in my lower abdomen and she suspected a cyst but she wasnt sure,so I've the ultrasound tomorrow evening,should I say something to the person doing the ultrasound on me ?

Yes never leave anything like that out when it comes to an ultrasound scan because that is the best time for them to do a little extra looking. I would def make sure to bring it up and voice concerns if anytime is a good time then that is it! Good Luck :thumbup: gonna stalk for an update. :hugs:

okie dokie :) ,seriously thank you for the advice ! really helped calm me and my fiance's nerves, I'll update you tomorrow after I get back from the scan :hugs:

Heya ,had the scan today. I told the ultrasound techinicain about the situation and she didnt say for definiate if i was or not she said she doesnt think i am but i will be finding out tomorrow or the day after the exact results because a consultant has to take a look and then fax them off to my GP ,but no cysts !! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->