Help! Possible to have 24 hour LH surge only?

buggys_mommy

Reaction score
DH and I have been TTC for 6 months now, and we were convinced this will be the cycle! I usually have 28 day cycles but begin using OPKSs 10 days after the first day of AF. I have known the exact day of ovulation every other cycle, but this month I am lost! Tested Saturday afternoon, negative. Did not test Saturday PM. Tested Sunday AM, positive, and again Sunday afternoon, positive. Did my ritual PM test and came up negative!?! Tested Monday morning negative. Is it possible to get 2. False positives with an OPK or possible to have such a short LH surge??? We are trying for a girl since we have ha a boy, and for many other reasons important to my family.g

it is possible to have a short LH surge.

https://contraceptivemonitors.com/img/symptothermal_spike.jpg

The OPK picks up on the LH when it is high enough, which may only be a small amount of time and you may actually show negative again before you ovulate. It's happened to me before, negative, then positive, then negative again.

It's very possible that you caught your surge in the middle or end of it. Since you tested Sat afternoon, then again sun morning, you could have started your surge shortly after your sat afternoon test. your surge can last anywhere from 12-36 hours and can be different every cycle. No worries, you caught your surge and that's the important thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->