Help pregnant with twins and miscarried one! anyone else?

Jeslynn

Mother to 3 Boys
Reaction score
Ok so I'm 7 weeks and Sunday night had some pretty heavy bleeding and went to the er my dr told me that I was having a miscarriage. I had an ultrasound the next morning and to our surprise there was still a baby with a heartbeat. What I had just experience was a miscarriage of the twin. Has this happened to anyone here or anyone you know? Did they go on to have a safe and normal pregnacy with the remaining baby?

Bleeding is common in pregnancy and it doesn't mean you have lost a twin, I've bled in all my pregnancies, very heavy and it's just been bleeding.

I lost a twin this pregnancy though, sac was present but empty then I went on to clot and bleed and was gone at next scan.

It will not affect remaining baby.

Hugs Hun x

Someone I know had this happen. She was having triplets and several months in, she had a miscarriage of one of the triplets. She gave birth fine to her two surviving.

Bleeding is common I have know women who bled bad thought miscarriage but baby was fine! I just lost a twin at 9.2 weeks I'm 12 weeks and both babies are still present only one is alive!

Sorry ladys to hear of you losing a twin as well, I know its normal for bleeding but this was an awful amount, pouring out filled 3 pads in 30min, my dr was on call and he did a pelvic exam and said that it was a miscarriage. In the ultrasound we could see the empy sac next to the sac with my remaining baby that still had a strong heartbeat. Just want to know how you guys are copeing with the loss, and do you plan on telling the baby when older that they were a twin and the twin didn't make it?

I had a bad bleed at 7 wks also and when I went for my early scan the next day they said it was either a blood clot or a undeveloped twin. I think its fairly common to miscarry a twin as I've heard it a few times. They did say to me there was no real way of telling if if had been a twin or not. Anyway don't worry and have a happy n healthy pregnancy with the baby you still have :)

Sorry ladys to hear of you losing a twin as well, I know its normal for bleeding but this was an awful amount, pouring out filled 3 pads in 30min, my dr was on call and he did a pelvic exam and said that it was a miscarriage. In the ultrasound we could see the empy sac next to the sac with my remaining baby that still had a strong heartbeat. Just want to know how you guys are copeing with the loss, and do you plan on telling the baby when older that they were a twin and the twin didn't make it?

I'm fine, when I found out it was already lost so I'm not been upset, and I have twins already, they are 2 now, and twins are amazing, but 2 sets would have been a challenge.

I don't think I'd say anything unless anything came up, I wouldn't mention my 12 week miscarriage either, unless it was brought up when they were older or something.

How are you coping? :hugs:

Hun it's hard but I know women who bled a lot clits cramps and all dr said miscarriage but it wasn't they don't know why some bleed done are due to loss but sometimes it's just for no reason. Since you saw an empty sac then yes it's a loss. I cried I was hurt but i need to be strong for my surviving baby.

My cousin miscarried one of her twins, and the other baby was delivered fine. He is now an energetic 5 year old!

I am sorry for your loss of one of the twins though, I wish you and your other little one a happy and healthy 9 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->