Help pretty confused - using first response OPK

Nickij

Mum of 2
Reaction score
OK so I only had my implant out a couple of days ago, but doctor said I could be fertile again with 24 hrs and no need to wait for a period until we started trying.

Anyway so I went and bought some OPK today, as I am worried that it may take some time to get my fertility back as I have heard some horror storys about conceiving after the implant, and I would like to know that I am ovulating again.

I know I should have waited until I had a period to start testing, but I am very impatient, so did a test this afternoon. Anyway I was under the impression when I bought them it would be like a pregnancy test. A yes or a No, But the first response OPK says I have to read the intensity and colour of the test line in reference to the reference line to know if I am ovulating - not the thickness. Well this is just confusing. I thought there would either be one line if I wasn't ovulating and 2 lines if I was.

I have attached I photo - I think the test line in lighter right? So I am not ovulating? CONFUSED!!

Attachments

• photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 6
Hi hun, just to confirm is the first line in the picture the control line or test line? x

The first line (on the left) is the control line.

Thanks x

Right ok, then yeah its negative. The test line needs to be as dark as or darker than the control line to be positive, would keep testing cos might turn positive soon :thumbup:

ok thanks, at least I know how to read the test now:).

Would I ever expect to see just one line?

I have never had no line at all, just really faint ones. Hope that helps, anything else just shout :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->