Help! Raw Chicken :(

cutebowsxx

Reaction score
OH and I bought breaded chicken strips in Tesco last night, thinking we could eat them straight out of the fridge.. But as you can guess we've just found out that the actual inside is COMPLETELY RAW which you have to cook yourself :sad1: OH bit in to one without realizing and I asked him whether its nice, to which he replied 'Yeah lovely, but it seems a bit slimy' -Typical man! :dohh:
Just after he took his second bite i grabbed it out of his hand to see what he meant before I ate mine, to find myself looking at raw chicken :sad1: I quickly made him spit the second bit out but now I'm paranoid that he's going to get food poising. What are the chances?!
He swallowed a size of about a 10p piece. I can't believe this would happen to us, this is all we need is for him to be ill! He's had to look after LO over the past week to ten days as I've not long found out I'm pregnant again and have been seriously ill :cry: I'm such a worrier!

I am sure he will be fine! Worse ways he might have a belly ache and the runs but I wouldn't worry :) Men are so silly.

I think raw chicken is ok, it's partially cooked chicken thats the problem. He should be ok x

Funnily enough OH made his own tea last night, chicken kievs..he was up at 4 this morning chucking his guts up, I don't think they were cooked properly as he said they were slimey. But he's been fine since, he just needed to get it all out :thumbup: so hopefully worst case scenario your OH may just have a bout of morning sickness.:flower:

Thanks for the help ladies :flower: He's been fine so far! I'm guessing if he was going to have some sort of food poisoning surely he would have felt at least a few aches by now? Aw stepmum bless him, silly men :dohh: God I wish I wasn't such a worrier! :haha:

Different types of food poisoning take different lengths of time to manifest e.g. Campylobacter takes 1-10 days (and is one of the most likely with raw chicken)
And yes, you definitely can get it from raw as well as undercooked chicken

If he's infected, he's just gonna need to tough it out - and he may well need anti-biotics - don't let him do the caveman thing, food poisoning is exactly that: poisoning

The thing that you need to be very careful of, is that he doesn't pass it to you - which is very easily done. If he does get ill, he must be absolutely meticulous about washing his hands after using the toilet (even 'just for a wee') and must not prepare or touch any food that you will be eating.

I know that people on here are just trying to be reassuring, but food poisoning is potentially very serious, especially for pregnant women (whose immune systems are suppressed - which is ALL OF US) and unborn babies

Raw chicken is definitely just as much if not more of a risk for food poisoning as undercooked chicken so I hope he'll be okay, the silly man :haha: He may just be quite sick out of the other end or have a tummy bug, hopefully he doesn't have a rough time of things.

Congrats on your pg by the way! :)

So you are saying you can catch food poising? Well I never knew that!

Different types of food poisoning take different lengths of time to manifest e.g. Campylobacter takes 1-10 days (and is one of the most likely with raw chicken)
And yes, you definitely can get it from raw as well as undercooked chicken

If he's infected, he's just gonna need to tough it out - and he may well need anti-biotics - don't let him do the caveman thing, food poisoning is exactly that: poisoning

The thing that you need to be very careful of, is that he doesn't pass it to you - which is very easily done. If he does get ill, he must be absolutely meticulous about washing his hands after using the toilet (even 'just for a wee') and must not prepare or touch any food that you will be eating.

I know that people on here are just trying to be reassuring, but food poisoning is potentially very serious, especially for pregnant women (whose immune systems are suppressed - which is ALL OF US) and unborn babies

Thank you :flower: I just looked up 'campylobacter' and seems there is a possibility of catching it. I never knew this either! So glad i read up on it now in case the worst happens! xx

I bought a chicken wrap from a shop and ate some before realusing it was raw. nothing happened thankfully xx

There are all kinds of bcateria that get passed on via the oral-fecal route (which is exactly what it sounds like!) and not washing hands after using the loo is the main culprit.

The most important thing is that you don't get it - am sure your daft OH is big enough and ugly enough to look after himself! (hope that's an actual saying where you're from - I'm not literally calling him ugly!)

So long as he maintains good hygeine you should be fine - but if he starts to get ill, he has to know just how important it is - and what could happen if he isn't careful enough.
Remember a slight case of the runs for him, could become major illness for you - and the baby

Not trying to scare you chikkie - just want you to have the information to stay safe :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->