Help regarding car tax anyone??

vix1989

Baby Christmas <3
Reaction score
Hi ladies!
wondered if you could help me and OH.
We have so much coming out this week nothing that can be avoided and were gunna be so skint as it is.:cry:

Or car tax runs out on Wednesday.
I was telling my sister that its gunna leave us with £20 for food, because we are short of £40.
My sister said that when she was seeing a copper, he told her that when your tax runs out you get 2weeks to get a new one???:shrug:
Ive never heard of this but some of adams employees said yeah they had.
Really confused.
If it is true it would really help us out.
But we cant not pay it if its not, because it parks on the street and adam need it for work.:nope:
His work is an hour away so he cant walk really every day?!
If he got the bus it would cost nearly £20 for bus fare!:dohh:

any advice?!

I found this on the direct gov website about tax

If you use the electronic vehicle licensing service or tax by post at the end of the month, there’s now an exemption for not displaying a tax disc. This exemption covers the first five working days of the month to allow time for the new disc to arrive in the post. While you are still waiting for your tax disc you will need to display your current tax disc. The exemption only applies if applications are made before the current tax disc or SORN expires.

So I dont think you can leave it two weeks tbh :(

hmmmm just checked it out it said it used to 14 days but not anymore :(

gunna have to have a word with my landlord shes usually lovely about things like this!
and ask if i can take out £20 of my rent and pay it extra next week :(
euuuggghhhh i hate being skint!!! :cry:

you dont get 14 days and if you pass a anpr with no tax it will register and you will end up having the car impounded.

if you buy online you have 5 days to DISPLAY it, has nothing to do with buyin it late

you dont get 14 days and if you pass a anpr with no tax it will register and you will end up having the car impounded.

if you buy online you have 5 days to DISPLAY it, has nothing to do with buyin it late

I always find that funny as it takes up to 10 days for it to arrive when done online - or it has for me at least!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->