Help! Removing someone from a facebook conversation

supertabby

Reaction score
I started a private message/conversation with a group of girls I used to work with to let them know my address as I've just moved, and to get their addresses in case I don't unpack my address book before Christmas! I also suggested we meet up soon. All good.

One of the girls has added a colleague that I left off the conversation (and am not fb friends with). This was deliberate as we really didn't get on, I don't want to get into the details but it was pretty bad and all the girls know about it. Now this girl is in the conversation - which has my home address in it! I'm sure she's changed and I don't mind the other girls being friends with her if they want to, but I want to remove her anyway. I can't figure out how though - does anyone know? Can't find the answer on google. Also I am only on mobile not laptop as broadband isn't connected in our new house yet.

If I can't remove her can I delete/amend my own post?

If you go into the conversation on FB, go into actions and delete messages, it will give you the option to delete a particular message, not the whole thing, you get to tick whioch message to delete :)

Thank you so much! I've done that now and will let my friends know separately my address if they haven't written it down yet. Hopefully this girl hadn't seen it yet. I'm not someone to hold a grudge, but I'm just wary after what she did to me even though it was a long time ago and she's hopefully grown up since then.

I'm 99% sure that'll only delete it on your copy of the conversation

^ I was thinking that too.

Yeah I think the others are right - it'll delete on your side only. I'm also pretty sure that you can't remove someone from a convo, they have to leave. Sorry :/

It definitely only deletes the conversation from your end. Unfortunately even though you started the conversation you don't 'own it' as such and the only way to get rid of the girl is if she leaves the conversation herself.

I. Not sure but when someone gets added part way into a conversation I think they can only see from that point? So she wouldn't be able to scroll back and read your address etc that you put there before she was added iykwim

I. Not sure but when someone gets added part way into a conversation I think they can only see from that point? So she wouldn't be able to scroll back and read your address etc that you put there before she was added iykwim

I was going to say this, I am pretty sure that is the case :thumbup:

Sorry but when someone gets added to a conversation they can see right back to the start as I have done this many times. There is absolutely no way unless she leaves the conversation herself

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->