HELP school application?

Wriggley

Reaction score
Hi ladies im just doing my sons school application and theres like a box under reasons for choice that gives you up to 3000 characters to write why your choosing this school...? i not sure what vto write in there?? do i need to write in there??

I simply put it was my catchment school /near to my home in other choices. My first choice I also put that ds1 is currently was SALT and the school offers a SEN who helps with speech.

I don't think you have to fill it in unless you feel you need to.

My son's form had boxes for additional information that you could fill in for each choice - I left them all blank.

You don't need to fill it in but I figure they put it there for a reason! If my application is up against another then anything that can sway it my way is good.

I made a few points in the box:
That she goes to the nursery that is on school grounds and is thriving, I believe staying in the environment she knows will be a huge benefit to her and aid her settling into reception. Also that many of her peers at nursery will be going to the school which will help her settle.
That it's the only school she can walk to- something that's important to me and is meant to be a good start to the school day, as well as good for health and the environment.
That we moved to the area for the school as we know it to be a good school and that I went there as a child so it's important to me.

Obviously these points may not be valid for you but if you can think of something I'd put it down, you never know what might help! Is there something about the school that particularly suits your Lo? Maybe it excels in sports or music and your child loves sport/music? Or it's a small school and your LO is quite shy and you think a small school will help him feel more confident?

Anyway, hope that helps. Fingers crossed for April!

I left the box blank. I live so close to the school I don't know any child from my road who doesn't go there, and it's a 6 class intake so know it was pretty much certain.

I asked some of my teacher friends - you don't have to write anything in there, but I put things like childminder does pick ups / drop offs, older children from childcare go there so she will know people already, ethos of the school, convenience etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->