Help..School Nursery v's Private Nursery for ASD

Tommee

Reaction score
Hi,

Hope that everyone is well.

My DS is almost 3!!!!! really can't believe it, it's gone so quickly. Another dilema to add to my overloaded brain. We have been offered our 15 hours a week Nursery place as DS is almost 3 so will start Nursery in September.

We put his name down a long time ago at School Nursery long before ASD was mentioned. Since we had a report taken by a Child Psychologist who suggested starting DS at a Private Nursery due to funding as he'll get support from the early years funding, which he wouldn't if he attended School Nursery as he would need a Statement to fund 1:1 support. There is NO way that he could attend without support he wouldn't cope and neither would the School with him.

I've spoken with parent partnership today who explained that if I really wanted DS to start at School Nursery then the School could apply for emergency funding? She explained that it's up to me and she would support me with my choice. She is also going to get the ball rolling for his Statement.

So now do I try the School Nursery or go with Private Nursery? I've seen the Private Nursery it was a bit of a free for all TBH but DS liked it on his visit and seemed happy enough whilst we were there. I've not seen the School Nursery but I know what they are like as I've worked in plenty.

I just want to do what is best for DS, should I try him first at the Private Nursery see how he gets on? Only problem is they can't offer me 5 mornings as I would have liked it'll be 3 mornings of 11 hours a week this is right through the year including holidays.

Any suggestions? Did your child cope better in a Private Nursery or School Nursery?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->