Help?! Severe Cramping.

YoungOptimist

Just Waiting
Reaction score
I am not TTC, I am taking BCP.

Anyways, AF should be here in 2 weeks or in 15 days.
But, however, I am having really severe uterine cramping and even my stomach cramps up and makes me feel like I need to throw up. I'm not nauseous or anything, there is just a lot of painful pressure down there. My lower back has been absolutely killing me also. I'm really in a lot of pain.
I have no clue what's going on and I don't want go to the doctor, but if it's because of my BCP, then I want to quit taking them. Today.
Is it okay to just quit on the beginning of week 2 of the BCP? I have 2 active weeks and then the innactive week left of the pack.
Do you think it is something other than the pills though?
I just hate being so uncomfortable.
:shrug:

:hugs: that sounds rotten, I hope you feel better soon!!

The Drs always say not to come off mid cycle of the BCP, but in my opinion that's purely because it's so difficult for your body to regulate the changes in hormones it can cause you to become more hormonal than usual because the artificial support your body has been relying on is gone. But saying that, I've done it before, and short of being extra stressy/weepy and taking a week or so to "regulate" (I have irregular periods anyway, so it just meant I had a 60 day cycle :shrug: hard to explain) my point is, it doesn't mess you up that badly once your body gets on top of things.

I'd recomment going to your Drs, and in the mean time getting some painkillers and anti-inflammatorys to help with the pain.

Have you had any spotting or bleeding along with the cramping? Because there's a variety of causes that it could be, so it depends if you have any other symptoms along with the pain? If you're concerned, which it sounds like you are, if you can get a Drs appointment then do. Even if it turns out to be nothing, it will put your mind at rest and there's nothing worse than worry for making pains worse!

:hugs: :hugs: :flower:

:hugs: that sounds rotten, I hope you feel better soon!!

The Drs always say not to come off mid cycle of the BCP, but in my opinion that's purely because it's so difficult for your body to regulate the changes in hormones it can cause you to become more hormonal than usual because the artificial support your body has been relying on is gone. But saying that, I've done it before, and short of being extra stressy/weepy and taking a week or so to "regulate" (I have irregular periods anyway, so it just meant I had a 60 day cycle :shrug: hard to explain) my point is, it doesn't mess you up that badly once your body gets on top of things.

I'd recomment going to your Drs, and in the mean time getting some painkillers and anti-inflammatorys to help with the pain.

Have you had any spotting or bleeding along with the cramping? Because there's a variety of causes that it could be, so it depends if you have any other symptoms along with the pain? If you're concerned, which it sounds like you are, if you can get a Drs appointment then do. Even if it turns out to be nothing, it will put your mind at rest and there's nothing worse than worry for making pains worse!

:hugs: :hugs: :flower:

Thank you a lot. I guess I better take the pill tonight. I want to change the brand again after this pack though because I shouldn't be cramping I don't think. Do you know of a really good brand of BCP?

I'll probably take some advil right now.

I haven't had any bleeding, I normally don't spot.

I hate going to the doctors though... But I'm going to have to to change the pack.

I looooved Seasonale. Recommended it to my best friend who went on the low dose version Seasonique. She loves it. The steady level of hormones for three months straight is really good for those of us that go kind of psycho when PMSing :lol: Currently on Junal Fe as insurance won't pay for Seasonale. It's decent enough. My periods are super light on it.

Hated Ortho-Tri-Cyclen. Made me even more psychotic than normal - there's a different level of hormone each week.

ETA: I didn't have any issues with breakthrough bleeding switching to Seasonale. My best friend did through the first two or three packs on Seasonique.

I don't take the BCP because it makes me so ill, so I can't help I'm afraid! But I agree, getting a new one is probably a good idea.

I looooved Seasonale. Recommended it to my best friend who went on the low dose version Seasonique. She loves it. The steady level of hormones for three months straight is really good for those of us that go kind of psycho when PMSing :lol: Currently on Junal Fe as insurance won't pay for Seasonale. It's decent enough. My periods are super light on it.

Hated Ortho-Tri-Cyclen. Made me even more psychotic than normal - there's a different level of hormone each week.

ETA: I didn't have any issues with breakthrough bleeding switching to Seasonale. My best friend did through the first two or three packs on Seasonique.

I was on Junel Fe but it made me incredibly nauseous.
I'm on aviane now but it's still making me cramp.
:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"