Help! silent reflux & colic UK

hayalee

Reaction score
My daughter will be 8 weeks tomorrow and she suffers from silent reflux & colic. She's on gaviscon for the reflux & colief & gripe water for the colic. This combination did seem to be working for a while but now she appears to be returning to how she was before we tried anything!

I can actually hear the wind in her belly, but she just can't get rid of it! She's currently on aptamil, we tried the comfort version, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

She seems to struggle a lot more at night and will fall asleep in my arms after a while, but as soon as I put her down she's awake & crying again.

Any one have any idea what the next step is? my GP doesn't seem to concerned about her and is reluctant to try anything else on her.. Though he isn't awake at 3am with a screaming baby who just won't settle for anything!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :flower:

AWW Poor you! I feel your pain! thats what my little one was like when I was BF. thankfully he isnt too bad now I am bottle feeding him! although doc has suggested I try him on the comfort formula.
Have you tried infacol? it does take a few days to start working and you may need a double dose but I have defo see a positive change in my little one.
Also have do you have babies cot/moses basket tilted at an angle at all? x

We used cow and gate comfort, infacol and gaviscon for a while which worked but his reflux got worse again so we've just been prescribed ranitidine. Infacol is great for his wind though.

Comfort milk won't make a difference for you because it's just got the lactose more broken down which is the what colief does to regular formula.

if i remember rightly from when DD was a baby gaviscon doenst do anything for silent reflux, gaviscon is more for normal reflux (as in when they projectile bottles) silent reflux is where the acid comes up like heart burn but burns babies throats ( dds got that bad she refused bottles completley and ended up at hospital for concerns of dehydration it was there she was diagnosed with SR) for silent reflux ranitadine would prob help as its an acid neautraliser this changed DD with in a matter of days been on it go back to drs and if they dont listen ask for a referral to pediatrician also if they prescribe ranitadine dosage is based on weight of baby so needs checking regularly x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->