Help..telling partner

MissKM

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I've just found out I'm pregnant this evening, I don't even know if I'm posting in the right section so I'm so sorry if I'm not. I'm kind of in shock still and actually don't believe it even thought I know how hard it is to get a false positive. I am just overwhelmed with different feelings. My main one being how to tell OH. I really don't think this is what he wants right now and in quite scared he will just up and leave.

I'm desperately in need of some advice and was wondering if any of you had been in similar situations.

Again really sorry if this is in the wrong section

Thanks in advance girls xxx

So sorry to hear that it doesn't seem like the best news for your oh. May I ask why he would leave? I don't want to give any advice since I'm terrible at it but I'll offer hugs. I did have a similar experience with my ex. I got pregnant unexpectedly, he was angry. Before he could have warned up to the idea, I lost it. But I think he would have come around. He had a lot if baggage from his growing up and it all came to the surface with the bfp. Wishing you the best of luck!

I dnt really have much advice for u ... Were u trying for thus pregnancy? If so then it won't come as a surprise to him? If not then has it contraception failed?

Try not to worry but u must tell him, it's important, Whatdver u decide to do,,,

Big hugs for you chic
X x x

No it wasn't planned, I want to be happy but I feel like I can't be until he knows.
I guess we are not in the best of positions for a baby, he lives 250miles away for one and neither of us have our own house. And I just know that due to having two children to previous relationships he just isn't ready for any more right now so I just think he will run away from a situation he doesn't want to face... I've seen. Him do it before.

I'm seeing his this weekend, I really don't want to tell him over the phone but just so scared of his reaction xxx

Just tell him, iv been in a similar situation and believe me waiting doesn't help. At least you can deal with what's happening once it's out in the open rather than imagining scenarios xx :hugs:

My husband didnt want another child after our daughter... so I was scared when I found out I was pregnant again. He was a debbie downer first trimester and was relieved when we thought I miscarried.
As the pregnancy progressed, his attitude changed. Now hes ecstatic to have a son, and our daughter. It may take time, but im sure he will get used to it, he has to. Id wait to tell him in person. Maybe make a cute little gift thing out of it?

I can understand u being worried Hun, if u think that's not really what he wants at the moment , however, regardless of whether this is what he wants if he loves you he will respect you And give u the time to speak and air ur opinion on it... This isn't anything that you can be pinned down and 'blamed' for... These things happen, 50% of pregnancies are unplanned!

Chin up chic, you will be brave and strong and tell him face to face

Xx

I feel like if I tell him face to face he has less chance of putting the phone down and ignoring me. I mean I had mentioned last week that my boobs were still sore and he just told me to be quiet cause the last thing we needed right now was for me to be pregnant but I think I already knew last week, I just hadn't done a test.

I just think I'm going to be doing this alone

Thanks for your support everyone I really needed it tonight xxx

I am sorry you are in this situation . I was in similar situation except we have been living together already but we have been together for little bit over 6 month . When I found out I was pregnant I told him immidiately and he was shocked :D
It was all that ,... What do you mean , how that happened etc .
But than he excepted it but unfortunately I miscarried at 13 weeks . He wanted to try for another one right away but I wanted to wait . We conceived our son 10 month later and now we expecting second child .
I knows sometimes people are not ready but think about all the women who wants to have a baby and can't . It's a blessing and you still have 8 months to move together etc . And if he doesn't except I am sorry but he is not worth it because it takes two to make a child ( even if it's unplanned ) .
Good luck and even if it's not easy , try not to hide it too long . It's not gonna change anything . Just tell him ;) xxx

how often do u see him? could u wait for a bit so u have time to get ur thoughts in order? maybe get a plan together in ur mind for both having him around and not? that way u won't feel so stressed and more able to cope, whatever his reaction?

When I fell pregnant with my daughter I was in a similar situation - I didnt have anywhere to live, me and OH hadnt been together long, it wasnt what he wanted etc..

BUT you have 9 months to sort yourselves out. Tell him, he may surprise you with his reaction. Whatever happens you will be ok and you will cope xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->