Help! - UPDATE page three - things I've bought him so far

K

Katieeeee

Arghhh ladies!!

I'm SO stuck for what to by for Aiden for his first christmas, I mean REALLY stuck :(

I don't have a lot of money to throw around, but I don't want to give him cheap crap either!

I saw a really cute old macdonald's farm puppet book on the early learning website that costs £6 but the pnp was £5 and there was nothing else on there I wanted to buy for him that made the pnp worth it!

And so far that really is the only thing I've seen that I like for him.

Any help? :shrug: I'd be so grateful!

Searching for some discount or free delivery codes might help, or take a look in the shops?

i joke with my OH that my eldest is gonna get a cardboard box and my LO is gonna get an old remote controll lol, the box would keep my big gilr entertained for days and my little girl has a strange obbsession with the tv buttons lol
you dont have to spend a lot of money though hun, although the first christmas is special to you bubs will never remember it, plus the more you spend now, the more you will set yourself up to spend in the future lol
i would just get some teether toys, and soem sort of musical toy, i have got my LO some little bath toys aswell which are small enough for her to hold. and remember they grow up so quickly so even if you get something he cant use now it wont be long before he can x

Im just getting Gabriella some teethers, sounds really mean I know but she really doesnt need anything! I have a baby gym and some musical toys from when Mackenzie was a baby so she has toys to play with (not that she needs them yet being 7 weeks old lol).....

xx

It isn't worth spending tons of money. As above Josh is obsesssed with remotes, and phones!

I've got him some small bits like bath ducks and books, a cot toy and things to hang from his pram and car seat. People will probably want to buy him gifts too remember xx

My LO is just getting some soft blocks, board books, bath toys, and little other bits like that. Lots of his stuff cost $5 or less. He has everything he needs and anything really cool I didn't put off until Xmas as he won't know the difference.

Sophie the Giraffe is the best teether ever! It is silly expensive for a teether ($20) but every baby I know that has one loves her to pieces. If is the ONLY thing you get LO for Xmas, she would be worth it. :thumbup:

im just getting my LO books for xmas as they will last her a long time! im trying to get all the enid blyton ones (so far got the wishing chair and the faraway tree collection!!) something to keep on the shelf
the way i see it family and friends will all get her toys and clothes :) she loves books so hope she will get pleasure from these when shes older like i did!
also her birthday is close to xmas and shes gunna get loads more stuff then!

That old mcdonald book is a fiver in waterstones at the moment as I got Caitlyn it :thumbup:

ive done Willow a stocking which contains little socks and baby bath and useful stuff that she will use. There is a main present for under the tree which is a reindeer rattle!

I havent gone all out this year, im waiting until she really knows about xmas, then il probably bankrupt myself buying toys! lol

xxxxx

I am getting my LO just what she needs for christmas this year, and of course a few little toys.. most that play music.. or something of that sort.. she is also getting some sippy cups.. and bowls.. and little spoons for when she starts to eat.. and some teething things.. most stuff that I have to get anyways.. so it will just be wrapped for her

im just gettin Shaya a silver braclet and im gonna get a keep safe box and put her first outfit hospital tags pics and other stuff that i think is important or a nice keep safe (also ill put the braclet in there when its to small for her) and give it to her when she is older :) xx

I've gotten Elissa a few ELC bits, a wrist rattle (it straps onto their wrist, to can be used before they can hold things, it's also great for when they start teething and kept my eldest entertained for AGES when she was this age) a book like the one you've described and a couple of bits like that.

You could also get some 'older' toys, it's a loooong time until our LO's birthdays and they'll be needing toys for their various ages throughout the year so I tend to get a few bits early on for Xmas. Maybe a door bouncer? They can use some of them from 3 months so isn't long.
Honestly though, there is no need to spend loads. If they notice anything at all it'll be the noise and colours of the wrapping paper!

Oh also! Maybe some 'keep safe' bits, things he can have when he's older (babys first Christmas type thing.) xx

at that age my little one wasn't interested in much anyway.

There are a few things at the children centre I go that are a hit with babies. A space blanket (not sure its called that) But you know those silver tin foil type things they wrap around people to keep them warm. They have one of them cut into smaller pieces and all the kids from tiny to bigger love it. It's shiny, crinkly and makes a noise they seem to like. I am gonna get one for my LO - you can get them from any outdoor/camping shop.

Also wooden spoons with a whole in the middle and ribbon thread through. Dangling it over them they seem to love.

Sorry if repeated anyone I haven't read all the thread :)

i was just about to suggest a space blanket too! they are fantastic my lo loves it! they are about £5 from camping shops for a huge one that can be cut into serveral peices! well worth the money! the other toy my lo loved from an early age is a whoozit from mothercare, i think they are about £8, funny looking thing but i know loads of babys that love them!

We've got stuff that'll last - a walker, wooden blocks and stacking rings, lots of soft books, bath books and buggy books, a teething ring, bath toys.

Things we'd buy at some point next year anyway.

Also, some nice things for posterity - a christmas sack/stocking that we'll use every year, a tree decoration which we'll add to every year.

We saved £45 worth of vouchers given to us when Eve was born, so only spent about £60 for plenty of stuff.

Ive got connor jumperoo, walker, toy phone and some other bits and i know im going to look tight but ive bought him some clothes in bigger sizes that im going to wrap up and give him as then it stuff he needs. He's going to be spoilt by mine and OHs family so were not going over top

I have bought one fun toy for Euan and a walker that i am going to wrap up too. Oh and a special outfit for Christmas day.

We've spent £40 on Halen for xmas, we got a walker, a blow up sitting support thing , a duck that plays music when you push buttons and an elephant that sings songs with a belly that spins. I'm not spending a lot as he has no idea what christmas is

DD is getting spoiled by her grandparents, lol. We've bought her some toys, clothes - but I think the nicest things we have bought are the complete set of Peter Rabbit books and a beautiful illustrated complete Winnie the Pooh.

She has a lovely teddy bear, too - one that I want her to have through life (as I did/do mine!)

I know one present she is getting from grandparents - a beautiful handmade glass bauble, which will be added to every Christmas so she can have them for her own tree.

To be honest, at this stage - she's far more interested in the tree lights! So, I should imagine some money into her account will be most sensible! (which, with Christmas, is probably healthier than mine!!)

Katie, what we are doing is joining up to a book club, as you then get a beautiful volume at a really good introductory price...or free...and then have to buy three/four more books throughout the year. Great for LOs to have as they get older, and getting the classics - and works out to be very reasonable. This one has all Roald Dahl books for £4.99 https://www.go.booksdirect.co.uk/affmini1/index_twp.asp and there are lots more on the web

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->