Help us settle an argument!! When you leave the door open...

NuKe

mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
...are you "letting the cold in" or "letting the heat out"?! :coffee:

Common one I say is 'you're heating up the whole bloody street! Close the ****in' door!'

I normally say 'you're letting the heat out', but yesterday when my OH did it, it pissed me off.. so I yelled 'close the bloody door, you're letting all the heat in!' :dohh:

You're letting the heat out. Thats out of habit though and hearing my parents saying the same thing when I was little.

I actually think it should be letting the cold in, as the room goes instantly cold on a cold day, which means the cold must be getting in ifswim? Don't know if that makes sense though to others? :shrug:

If I feel a breeze when the door is open, I say "letting the cold in", but if I just notice that the door has been left open then I say "letting the heat out" :wacko:

God, I confuse myself sometimes! :dohh:

If I feel a breeze when the door is open, I say "letting the cold in", but if I just notice that the door has been left open then I say "letting the heat out" :wacko:

God, I confuse myself sometimes! :dohh:

This haha, it depends on the situation as to what I'll say. I think I use letting the heat out more often though so I'll go with that.

Letting the cold in! Because you've worked your heater to death getting your home warm and your DH (we all know he's the culprit!) leaves the damn door open so thus he's letting the cold waft in.

Aren't they the same concept though? :shrug:

I say 'letting the cold in', but now I think of it 'letting the heat out' is what I really mean.

I had to think for ages what i say :haha:
Letting the cold out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"