help? when did ur baba smile?

A

ami1985

James is 11 weeks now and its rare we get a smile. He was 5 weeks prem so technically he should only be 6 weeks. Any advice? Xx

My little man first smiled about a week ago and now we get about one a day but it's normally if we smile at him a lot! I think he's copying us! :)

Well lo was 3+6 weeks but at 8 days overdue it puts him developmentally closer to 5 weeks. Smiles started slowly but picked up after a week or so and the more you smile at them the quicker they learn.

Im always smiling at him. Maybe cos hes prem hes a bit behind?

OH swears he did it at 2.5 weeks didn't even realise they could smile that young but when I finally saw it at 3 weeks I could tell the difference between the real ones and wind.. He's almost 8 weeks now and doesn't stop smiling xx

Just wait it out.. If he was 6 weeks premature you would go by his adjusted age of 6 weeks.. Babies usually smile between 6-10 weeks so you have weeks before you should consider him "behind" (for lack of better wording)

She took a good month and a half for a good smile... she was always smiling but honestly i put it down to gas smiles but a month and a half i totaly knew she was giving us real smiles! shes such a smiley baby too! smiles at everyone

We had definite smiles around 6-7 weeks when she felt like it and now at 9 weeks they are social smiles and I can prompt them with certain interactions. I think you must consider that developmentally your LO is only 6weeks so hopefully it'll be soon!!

A friends baby is also 9 weeks though and her baby doesn't smile that much whereas DD is very smiley and chatty. They are all different xxx

Thanks guus spose i was just stressing. If i have no change in a month ill talk to hv or dr :) xx

Alex was at the very least 13 weeks corrected age (so about 26 in total - nearly 13 weeks prem)

I know, i used to really worry about it but jeez she was a smiler after that ;)

For DS it was around 5 weeks. At least i thought it was a real smile. Didn't happen again for few days. Didn't start smiling more often until a couple weeks after that. I bet you set that first smile soon!

My lo was born four weeks early. He smiled at 8 weeks old.

3 weeks. She was a week late though so technically 4 weeks. Gorgeous smiles!

I got my first real smile a couple days ago :)

I was wondering about the "corrected age" and milestones like smiling. Lily was 4 weeks early. I bet she will smile soon though...she looks like she might some days. We try real hard to get her to!

My LO smiled at 4 weeks, he's 6 weeks today and gives big beaming smiles whenever we speak to him - he's much more smiley and alert just after feeds :)

only now, at 9w6d are we getting anything like a proper 'social' smile. and even then she's stingy with them (about one per day).

we were three weeks early if that helps.

stupid health visitor was obsessing over it at her 6 week check (even though her adjusted age then was only 3 weeks!) but we just waited it out, kept smiling at her, and eventually they came.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->