Help with Agnus Castus

rbpark

Reaction score
hello,

Hoping someone can help me and offer some advice! Also I am totally new to this. We have been TTC for 4 months now. I have regular 25 day cycle with ovulation on day 14. this month I decided to try Agnus Castus to lengthen my luteal phase. I did not catch ovulation on the sticks this month but I had other symptoms, EWCM and sore boobs right after which is normal for me. I am now day 28 of my cycle with no AF and a negative pregnancy test as well. Not sure what to do and what to think. My boobs (and especially my nips) are killing more than normal but wondering if that could be the Agnus Castus. I have no other pregnancy symptoms but tearing my hair out as I just don't know if this is normal.
HELP!

I'm a firm believer in agnus castus!! Also I took vitamin b6 with it as it also helps lengthen luteal phase. Plus a prenatal vitamin. How much are you taking daily? It is said to be a slow working supplement so it may take a few cycles to see the improvements your looking for but it really helped me! The first 2 months I took 1600 mg a day, then 1200mg for 2 months, then 800mg from there on out. I am taking 400 mg a day through my first trimester as it is supposed to help sustain progesterone levels which may help prevent miscarriage. I noticed progress after the first cycle but it is important to keep taking it regularly as it is a slow building supplement! Fingers crossed for you!

I took agnus cactus for 3 months. It lengthened my cycle from 25 to around 26 or 27 days. not sure if it changed my luteal phase length as I wasn't tracking o during those 3 months. Well, I stopped taking it because I broke out in horrible cystic acne from the change in my hormones. The acne is still a problem even though I stopped the Vitex 3 months ago. But, my cycles are still around 27 days even though I stopped it. I never had acne in my life! Maybe a little pimple, but nothing like what I have been dealing with.
My advice, talk to your doctor. Get your blood work done, and find out exactly what your levels are. Don't take new herbs without the ok from your doctor. Even though herbs are natural and otc, they are still VERY powerful and could mess with your body in ways you didn't expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->