Help with baby girl's second middle name

GeralynB

Reaction score
So DH has agreed on Juliette for baby's first name (yay!) and Anne will be one of her middle names (my mom's name) but we're not sure on the second middle name. We definitely want two middle names because my son has 2. I like Hope but the dilemma is that my son's middle names are for both our fathers and we're doing one middle name for my mom and DH's mom would be left out. Her name is Donna which I don't want to use but we were thinking of using Lanigan which is her maiden name. So baby's name would either be Juliette Anne Hope or Juliette Anne Lanigan. DH thinks it's weird using a last name as a middle name but it's actually one of his brother's middle names and I told him you never go by your middle name anyway. What do you think?

I think Hope flows better but I would use Lanigan because of the sentiment behind it.

I also think Juliet Donna Anne works well, I understand you not being fussed on it, but I think it flows well.

Another suggestion would be using a combined name and keeping Hope- Juliet Anna Hope?
Lovely name either way ☺️

I think Hope flows better but I would use Lanigan because of the sentiment behind it.

I also think Juliet Donna Anne works well, I understand you not being fussed on it, but I think it flows well.

Another suggestion would be using a combined name and keeping Hope- Juliet Anna Hope?
Lovely name either way ☺️

I like Hope better too but am leaning towards Lanigan because I don't want to leave his mother out. Using the combined name is an idea! Thank for the input

I actually think Lanigan flows better, plus it's sentimental. I think Anne Hope is too "abrupt" sounding since they're both one syllable...if that makes any sense!

I prefer the sound of Lanigan. My daughter has my last name as her second middle name (hubby and I have different last names). It's a bit weird because my last name is an old fashioned British male name, so a bit weird to give as a girls middle name, but honestly who ever uses second middle names for anything anyway!

I like Juliette Marie Anne, just my opinion! I like Lanigan on its own but not paired with Anne as a double middle name, my personal opinion is that doesn't flow but as many people have said its not often the whole name is used anyway

I like both names. I like the idea of including your mother in law in the name though.

The Juliette Marie Anne suggestion from the above poster is also nice!

I would go with Lanigan, i love the tradition of maiden names as last surnames (we have that in my family) and will certainly be continuing it!

I would go with Lanigan because of the meaning behind it :)

I think I would go with Lanigan for the sentimental reasons

Thanks ladies. I think we're leaning toward Lanigan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->