Help with babys position

sarah1980

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone possibly explain to me about the different positions baby can be in, I have seen on another thread people talking about baby being ROA, LOA, OP etc and I can't for the life of me figure out what they mean!!!

The reason I ask is that I found out today that I have an anterior placenta and I would like to find out as much as I can so I am armed with info for when the time comes that the baby's position might be an issue.

Sarah.xxx

Hi there, can't advise on what the abbreviations mean, but you could do a quick google search? Why so worried about the anterior placenta? It's perfectly fine to have one, unless it's particulary low down, but that can happen with a posterior one too. I have an anterior placenta too, and have done some research, and the only thing i could find was it might be difficult to do a c section as they would have to cut through it. Also by the time it comes for you to give birth, it could also move x

Thanks princess_pea, that makes me feel more positive. After doing a quick search on here I got the impression that an anterior placenta might make a back to back birth more likely? I'm glad you have done the research cos if I googled it I would have worried myself over silly little things!

I just came back on to post that I happened upon spinningbabies.com and it has explained all the abbreviations and what they mean.

Thanks again.

Sarah.xxx

So glad I could help! With everything else with have to worry about, I don't think this is one of them. I think alot of people post about ap's, as some people don't feel alot of movement/kicks with one because if the cushioning x

That's one thing I haven't missed out on thankfully, movement. I felt flutters from 15 weeks and nice little kicks from 19 weeks. I only ever get them on my left side though and when I mentioned this to the doctor today he said that's ok, that can change. He didnt even mention the ap, I just saw it in my notes. I suppose if it was a concern he would have mentioned it.

Thanks again,

Sarah.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back