Help with boy/girl twin names!

macca197831

Reaction score
Hi, my twins are due in 4 weeks and I am really struggling with names! So far my husband and I can't agree on any boys names.

We both like Nieve for our girl, any suggestions on a boys name that goes well with this? Thanks!!!

Some of the names I like are:

Nieve & Sam
Nieve & Evan
Nieve & Jamie

Neville would go nice

also:

Norman
Nathan
Nathanial
Neil
Nial
Naveed
Ned
Nigel
Nelson
Nicolas
Nico
Noah
Nolan

Nieve is this the same as niamh?
What about
niahll
Noah
Nathan
Nick
sorry can't think of any more :)

Hey!

Love Nieve, although I prefer the spelling Niamh or Neve...anyway, that wasn't what you asked, sorry!.

Nieve & Sam - I think Samuel would work better, but I'm not loving this combo.
Nieve & Evan - Dislike, but Nieve and Ethan could work.
Nieve & Jamie - Dislike.

Hmmm, boys names to suit Nieve....I'm thinking:

Nieve and Caleb
Nieve and Logan
Nieve and Connor
Nieve and Rowan
Nieve and Finley
Nieve and Rory
Nieve and Elijah
Nieve and Isaac
Nieve and Oliver
Nieve and Jacob

:flower:

I like Nieve and Evan since they both have similar sounds with the 'v' but aren't too matchy. :flower:

Please please please spell it Niamh not Nieve!

Evan gets my vote.

I don't know how to pronounce that name because I have never heard it, however I do love when boy girl twins names start with the same letters :)

My nieces and nephews that are b/g sets are named

Ava and Austin
And Ryder and Rayn (said rain) but daddy is Ryan so they spelt her name after daddy with a twist

Anyway do you like the name Navaeh (said nah-vay-ah) its heaven spelt backwards and was very popular in the states. I think it's beautiful.
I would suggest a boy name with an N if that's your girl name because I just love my nieces n nephews matching letters. Well I guess I love that anyways as I named all my kids with the letter "b" lol bit this baby we are actually considering changing it to a different letter! Not sure but we may

I'm not a big fan of matching the first letters of the child's name - no disrepect to those of you that do :).

I do like Evan for a boy. Before I find out if I was having twin girls I had Evan and Zach. I also like Samuel!

I like Jamie a lot, but with Nieve, Evan sounds much better for some reason

So people can mispronounce it? :shrug: I understand keeping Irish tradition and all but you've got to be realistic. Before I found out the true pronunciation I was thinking Nee-am-huh!

So people can mispronounce it? :shrug: I understand keeping Irish tradition and all but you've got to be realistic. Before I found out the true pronunciation I was thinking Nee-am-huh!

Surely Nieve will be mispronounced more than Niamh?? Nieve to me is ny-eve or nive.

English phonetics mean we have more chance of getting Nieve than Niamh, although I agree, both are confusing initially. Less people have knowledge of Irish spellings than a grasp on phonetics.

I have only had one person mis pronounce my daughter Niamh and that was the Health Visitor not long after she was born almost 10 years ago. I think most people know it now.

I have only had one person mis pronounce my daughter Niamh and that was the Health Visitor not long after she was born almost 10 years ago. I think most people know it now.

If you're neither Irish nor work with/have kids there's a chance you wont know it. One poster on this thread even didn't know it. Might be region-dependent too.

Until BnB, I had never heard that name before.

I still don't know how to pronounce it. (I'm thinking Niam like Liam, although I'm sure I'm wrong)

i would assume its pronounced nee-ma not nee-va (no idea how the v sound comes up)

I think it's neeve, like a female steve. That's what I've deduced from nosing around on BnB, but I'm not 100%

Nieve and Finn?
Nieve and Liam?
Nieve and Ronan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back