Help with childcare fees?

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
i rang child tax credits this morning to say that the kids are starting nursery on monday. they asked me how much it was gonna cost, the nursery name and address, then she said thankyou and hung up the phone...

erm...

what now?

it says on the web they will pay up to 80% of the childcare fees.

when will i find out how much they will pay?
do they pay it to the nursery or to me?

anybosy who has experience of this id be grateful for a reply x

They will calculate what u are entitled to and you will get it with your child tax ...They are normally pretty fast about 10 days hope that helps xxx

thanks!

so ill just get it when my normal tax credits goes into my bank account?

You'll get a new award sent through in the next 5-10 days to detail it all and will give you the next payment dates on that if they are different to what you were expecting.
Make sure you check the details thoroughly as they like to cock up!
If you see the HV also ask for the mini folder thingy called a guide to parents money or something which has a cool cd/computer disc thingy calculator to work it all out for you.
I use that to work out diff scenarios to see how we/i are better off.

It comes with your normal tax credits however as soon or it comes close to her 1st birthday they sting you. I was getting £247 for Olivias Child care which wasnt that bad as it was costing me £330 but From December they are only going to give me £90 towards her childcare. Riddiculous. Just because shes turned one dosent mean her childcare will go down! :dohh:

Just annoys me that people who have to go out and make a good honest living het treat like rubbish and basically it encourages people to get knocked up for the sake of money and all the luxuries they get. Grrr. (PS before I start arguments here I am talking the lowest of the slow scum bags here before people jump to conclusions)

x

omg really? that is terrible! by that time rhys will get free nursery care so my fees will go down anyway.

that is disgusting really!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->