Help with excuses

shinona

Reaction score
Morning!

I'm here to pick your brains. DH and I are off to a wedding this weekend. It's on Saturday but we're down there for a long weekend and staying in a big house with DH's best friend and his girlfriend plus a lot of other folk that I don't know that well. There's a hot tub and sauna in the house which I won't be able to use and there's going to be a lot of drinking going on that I won't be doing either!

Any ideas of what to use as an excuse for not drinking and not going in the hot tub/sauna??? I can say I'm on antibiotics for the reason for not drinking but what about the hot tub?? I really don't want to tell people yet even though we are very close to DH's best mate and his girlfriend. HELP!!!

S x

When i had a local anastetic the other day ( for tooth out)they gave me a leaflet which said no drinking for 24 hours, no excercise, no hot drinks etc.I think heat can increase blood flow and thats why no excercise so not sure if you could twist it a bit, or why you could say you've had one but its just an idea, cant think of any more excuses! xxxxx

Hiya, i had the same trouble a few weeks ago as we went to stay with my mother in law and had a family gathering... the way out of drinking for me was that i was having trouble with my wisdom tooth and on painkillers. It seemed to work. Not sure about the jacuzzi problem though ..... x

For tub maybe have a skin infection that u dont want anybody catching it and thats why your on antibiotics xx

juat say ur in pain with kidney probs - why u on antibiotics and getting hot and sweaty in the sauna and hot tub might make u deheydrated which will make u feel worse....

u could just say ur on antibiotics like everyone else has said n that u just dont like hot tubs lol or u could say u have eczema and they make ur skin flair up!!!

Thanks girls. I might go with the kidney infection excuse since it should cover both.

Yeah kidney infection is a safe bet for everything preggers wise hehe

I'll let you know how I get on. I think hubby's best mate is going to be very suspicious whatever I say.

whatever happens, just enjoy yourself...you're half way through now so won't be long till you can tell everyone and laugh about the 'white lies' you had to tell xx

I just say I'm on my period.. clears up the hot tub nice and quick, and no one thinks you're preggers.
Also explains tiredness, moodiness, cramps, tender boobs, and bloating.

I just say I'm on my period.. clears up the hot tub nice and quick, and no one thinks you're preggers.
Also explains tiredness, moodiness, cramps, tender boobs, and bloating.

i never even thought of that lol so simple but so great!

i was reading everyone elses on page one and i was thinking i would just say im on my period and really suffering with it so im taking painkillers that clears up hot top anyone that might see u touch your tummy etc and the alcohol

Lou
xxx

LollyLou and scrubgrub - great idea and as moomin said, so simple. I hadn't even thought of saying that!!

my friend once told us she has IBS or thought she did so was cutting out alcohol to see if that was making it flair up

lol the dreaded period... lol u know no-one will ask questions about that!! lol

I would just say, it's not a great time of the month for that...lol! Especially if you're talking to a guy...he'd never ask questions!!

oooh that's great.. because it's not even a lie! It's not a great time of the month . .for the next 9 :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->