Help with girl names

Emily2630

Reaction score
I like unusual but not weird names (kind of old fashion). My DD is Lyla and I can't come up with a name I like as much as it. This is what I have so far. None are common in the US (though Audrey is similar to Audra and becoming more common). What do you think? Other suggestions?

I voted Arlee. Ruby is VERY popular in Australia where I am number 1 actually I am pretty sure. I am not up with the popular names in USA but some other suggestions-
-Amahlia <3
- Evanna
- Evanthie
- Naura/ Nora
- Bethany

I love Cleo, really cute name.

I'm put off Ruby as it's so common in the UK, sorry I know it's not where you are, I have three friends with babies called Ruby.

Xx

not trying to be rude, but i think of cleo as a pretty name for a cat. i love the others though! audra is beautiful! i think of the lovely audrey from twin peaks :) and ruby is awesome too, love colors as names.

I'm surprised by the name Ruby. I know of 2 people named that in the US. It ranked about 110 last year. My husband's family is all in the UK which makes me slightly less inclined to pick it, though we don't even live there! I agree I don't favor popular names but here it's not popular and I'm actually worried many friends/family here wouldn't like it because it's a little unusual.

I'm surprised by the name Ruby. I know of 2 people named that in the US. It ranked about 110 last year. My husband's family is all in the UK which makes me slightly less inclined to pick it, though we don't even live there! I agree I don't favor popular names but here it's not popular and I'm actually worried many friends/family here wouldn't like it because it's a little unusual.

I don't think you'd have any problems with people not liking it as it's a pretty name and it's not way out there strange or anything :)

Cleo is best in my opinion

as already mention Ruby is top 5 in UK I think so quite popular at the moment

I love ruby! Its cute & i think it grows well. I actually dont know any grown women or babies born recently with the name. I'd choose this name myself if the middle name I'm set on using didnt begin with R x

i voted Audra! i had a childhood friend named Audra and thought it was so lovely... reminds me of audrey which i love!

So it's officially a girl! (Phew, didn't have any boys names!). I like these four names but I'm not 100% sold yet. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears. I like less popular names, vintage, unusual but not weird. DD is Lyla so nothing starting with "L" or sounding too similar. Any ideas??

Ooh I like vintage less popular girls names!

My nieces are Thea and Hettie - both 'old fashioned' but not too weird

How about Evelyn? Harriet/Hattie?

Ivy
Beatrice/Beatrix
Elsa

I could go on and on lol!

Thanks! I do like Beatrice and Ivy. Evelyn is cute but our last name starts with E so E and L names are out:(

I don't know where you're from but Ruby is becoming quite popular in the US. I have heard of Cleo but it sounds like a pet's name to me... the others I haven't heard of, but my favorite is Ruby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->