help with HCG levels...

stacey_

wife and mum to one...
Reaction score
Hey ladies,
I've had a miscarriage in May and Hubby and I have been TTC without waiting for a cycle in between...
just wondering, I have another week to test, but should I go to the docs for a blood test instead of peeing on a stick? will i still have raised hcg levels from the last pregnancy (would be approx 6 weeks ago now)

any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks :D

x

Hi there,

you could still have hcg in your system following your recent mc. Did you have a negative hpt yet?

It can depend on how far along your last pregnancy reached, only way to know for sure is by doing blood tests to see if the hcg level rises every 2-3 days, good luck

xmagsx

Delighted to find this thread as I have just come back from doctors. Had 5 BFP in the last 2 days and went as I have swollen glands which happened during last MC which was only 4 weeks ago and doc said to not get my hopes up as it may be left overs, so he has given me serial blood tests to see if the hormones are increasing at the right rate. He says that the body will be all-to-cock and though the tests might be right they are not reliable this close after a MC. I did have a few negatives within a week of the mc, it helped me move on seeing the line fade with each test and then disapear, I know that sounds wierd. THe doc says that it might just be my body reacting incorrectly to Af which is due tomorrow. Best to go to the doc and have bloods done over a week to make sure they are doing the right thing. Good luck to you!

I also had a neg test earlier this week as I had symptoms

Delighted to find this thread as I have just come back from doctors. Had 5 BFP in the last 2 days and went as I have swollen glands which happened during last MC which was only 4 weeks ago and doc said to not get my hopes up as it may be left overs, so he has given me serial blood tests to see if the hormones are increasing at the right rate. He says that the body will be all-to-cock and though the tests might be right they are not reliable this close after a MC. I did have a few negatives within a week of the mc, it helped me move on seeing the line fade with each test and then disapear, I know that sounds wierd. THe doc says that it might just be my body reacting incorrectly to Af which is due tomorrow. Best to go to the doc and have bloods done over a week to make sure they are doing the right thing. Good luck to you!

oh hun thanks for replying... I'm going to go to the docs on monday i fink (ill be approx 12DPO) and then again on the wednesday (15DPO) and see that way.. I am so dying to take a test.. trying to keep myself busy lol
let me know how you go with your tests because we were around the same time..

the best of luck!
also is that your horse in your display pic? I had to sell my two horses to move up here to Mildura (6 hours away from family and friends... cant wait to get back lol)

take care xxx

well there is no harm in testing I still find comfort in the positive. will def let you know on the blood tests and yes thats my girl Stella

well there is no harm in testing I still find comfort in the positive. will def let you know on the blood tests and yes thats my girl Stella

aw shes beautiful! well, we'll keep each other posted? im tempted to go in today for a Blood test and then again on monday (so then i know sooner lol) but dunno if itll work... hmmm tempting lol x

I wish I could doc said had to be a week between. DO oyu think the conception indicator might be any good? I was thinking that I had a neg first thing mon a 1-2 weeks first thing wed if I test again prehaps tues or wed next week and it has gone up that has to be a good sign doesnt it?

yeh that sounds good... its so frustraing not knowing isnt it??
im going in on monday and again on wednesday... wishing you luck!!!!

And you sweetheart. I just dont know how I am going to make a whole week and 2 days its torture. I am using the POAS every couple of days and I think they are getting darker. But I can ot be usre

ooooh how exciting!! i never thought of poas a few times to see if it gets darker.. or even if anything comes up at all lol im out tomorow to buy pee-sticks hahahahahahah

Lol just bear in mind that each pee will vzary in strength so its not that reliable test same time of day and leave a few days between so your hormones get that chance to surge

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->