Help with holiday destination

MrsJT

Reaction score
Hi All,

We have had a really bad 12 months and are in desperate need of a holiday.

To kick things off my daughter was born just over a year ago 5 and a half weeks early she is now touchwood fighting fit but hasn't been without her problems, then from October through to January I watched my mom suffer in a way that no one should ever have to see but she was my mom and my best friend and I wasn't about to turn my back on her at the worst time in her life as she battled with cancer and unfortunately passed away on the 12th Janaury.

Anyway, I've searched and searched for somewhere to go away, there will be myself my husband and our daughter who will be 15 months in June.

We are looking at going June as July, Aug, Sept and Oct are all more expensive and it's too late for me to get time off for May.

I've searched everywhere and the best deals I am finding are in Eygpt what are your thoughts on Egpyt (Red Sea Area) with a 15 month old in June?

There are also some deals for Turkey and Tunisia but nowhere near as good as the Eygpt deals.

Spain, Portugal, Cyprus and Greece are out out of the question as they are way to expensive.

Any suggestions, has anyone been Egypt with an infant? :shrug:

I am going next thursday with my 18month old & my mum took him in january. I think it will be fine, swim/sun suits, hats, suncream & plenty of drink

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum :hugs:

I've only ever been to Turkey, my oldest LO was 19 months the first time he went, my youngest was 15 months on his first and we're going back again this year. Me, my family, and my kids all love it. It's all my 4 year old talks about. Every morning he asks if we're going to Turkey today and every night he asks if in the morning we're going :haha: We were looking at some hotels in Egypt and Tunisia for next year though for a change of scenary.

If you've found some hotels you like the look of I'd have a look on Trip Advisor and narrow down the reviews to the ones from people with families and see what they had to say about it, what the facilities are like for LO's etc. Saves having to read through them all, as I know I get bored of reading them fairly quickly lol :)

June is steaming hot at the Red Sea, we're planning to go to Sharm Al sheikh in two weeks. The weather in turkey is much better in June, July, August. We went there 5 yrs back in June & it was nice.

Weather here in UAE is nice by the beach, there is a lot to do with toddlers & there are ACs everywhere. If dubai is expensive you can look into Fujairah - Aqqah area (cooler than Dubai). There are very nice resorts by the beach. Prices are reasonable & they do trips to Dubai & other cities through hotels. We spend almost all summer there since Omar was 7 months.

Sorry to hear about your mum. Is your LO fair? My two are both fair / blonde so I would be nervy of Egypt in June.

can I be nosey and ask where you are looking for deals? as we are also looking to go on holiday in June. I have been looking at Menorca, Majorca, but can't really seem to get excited about going to either! Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->