Help with jealousy & envy

craftychick

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first post, and I'm really hoping someone can help me out. My husband and I have been married for 6 1/2 years, and we currently have no children. My first and only pregnancy was 4 1/2 years ago, and I miscarried at 12 weeks. It took me awhile to come to terms with it, the only thing getting me through was knowing the Dr. said it was nothing I did, and to keep trying and it should happen. The last year and a half has been quite frustrating, as we've been trying HARD to get pregnant (before was kind of off & on trying), with no luck. I've always been a LITTLE bitter towards pregnant women since the miscarriage, but it's something I could keep to myself and eventually get over.... until recently. My older brother got married recently and he and his new wife are pregnant after 2 months of trying. I'm having a REALLY hard time with it. I'm SO happy for them and I know they'll make excellent parents, but I just can't stop myself from having these disgusting hateful feelings. And THEN I feel even worse because that makes me a pretty terrible person for feeling that way. My parents and my brother and his wife are sensitive when talking about the pregnancy around me, because they know it can't be easy, but now I just feel like there's this huge elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about. I soooooo badly want to get rid of my negative feelings, but I just can't shake them. I want to talk to the wife and just let her know exactly how I'm feeling, but I also don't want her to feel any guilt about anything... I'm just so torn on what to do. I just saw them the other day, and she's starting to get a "bump," and I felt the anger, jealousy, and envy almost start all over again..... I really REALLY would like some advice on this, PLEASE SOMEONE, TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO! Will these feelings eventually go away? Should I talk to my brother & his wife about it? If so, what should/shouldn't I say?? Should I talk to a therapist?? HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I think counselling is a great start. Maybe get some coping techniques. It took us 10 years to get our BFP so I do understand the feelings you're having, especially towards those who had no trouble conceiving. My identical twin had no issues falling pregnant with her two and I just felt it was so unfair. Just try and remember there aren't a set number of pregnancies a year so they've not taken your chance.

Maybe explain to them you're struggling to come to terms with what's happened and can't help but feel envious of how easy it's been for them but that doesn't mean you aren't happy for them. As hard a conversation as it will be for you, it would be harder for them to broach it with you. They'll no doubt wish you weren't struggling.

Big hugs to you though. I hope you get your BFP soon. Don't give up hope xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->