Help with leaking wraps

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
I've been having some issues with my blueberry wraps over the last couple of days. I use a medium with my flip staydry inserts which used to work well but yesterday and today it leaked out both legs. I also use a large wrap over her little lambs and that leaked today too :wacko: Both today were only on for a little over an hour when they leaked and I'm not sure what's going on.

Has anyone had any issues with the blueberry wraps? One is preloved but the other is new so I can't imagine the PUL is gone but how would I test? Any other ideas? Thanks ladies, I love the look of my wraps and don't want to have to get rid of them!

Maybe your inserts need stripping? That's usually the case when nappies leaks through the legs. If they leak everywhere (through the PUL, that is), have you checked her clothing is not too tight? Wraps pressed against fitted nappies can cause leaks throug capillary action. Maybe your LO has grown a lot recently and you need to go up one size with onesies? In doubt, just fasten one popper only, it helps relieve the pressure on nappies.

Or the PUL has gone bad but they'd have to be very very preloved for that! :)

Hmm, I only did a prewash about 3 weeks ago I think, wonder if I need to do it again? She was wearing a dress both times with babylegs so nothing to press against the nappy and make it wick.

Im using blueberrys at night (large) over the wnnn and mediums through the day over GMs and not had any leaks at all, I have new and preloved. I'd say try a strip wash see if that cures it or try them over a different nappy see f that as an affect. I doubt the pul has gone already.

Ugh, a strip wash. I don't want to! :hissy:

:haha: I just do an extra long rinse while they are in the machine, im too lazy to faff with other stuff and seems to work for us.

I dont have problems with BB wraps but they arent the best wraps available for containing pee. If she is leaking with just a Flip insert in Id say shes probably missing the insert a bit or shes sitting down and squishing fluid out the insert and because BBs are lined with material its leaking that way?

You might have a point there Squish. With the Flip insert, she was sitting in her carseat and then in the supermarket trolley and with the Little Lamb she was asleep on her front for an hour. We never had this problem before though, weird how it's happened suddenly with 2 different nappies. Both were very wet though so maybe she's just weeing more?

I'll do the strip and hope it works, I don't want to say goodbye to my BB wraps, they're so pretty and soft!

more pee would be a serious possibility. Extra boosting and see what happens? Throw in some bamboo.

I don't have any bamboo! Or any other boosters for that matter! :blush: We've always done fine with whatever came with the nappy. I guess I might have to start looking into this now. Any recommendations?

for something to put under a flip thats slim a P'tis Dessous. In a LL I dunno as they are pretty bulky and Im not sure of how long/wide they are.

i sell bamboo inserts, i also just got some zorb so will be adding some bamboo/zorb boosters to the shop soon if youre looking for serious boostage :winkwink:

x

I might have to, she leaked through her BGv3 last night with both inserts, out the leg again - never had a leak before. Where has all this wee come from all of a sudden?!

My nappies have just been stripped so I'll see if that makes a difference. The leaks started after I started using soapnuts - that's just a coincidence right? Can't imagine what the soapnuts could have done.

Funds are pretty limited at the moment, what would be cheap boosters?

I cant see soapnuts having made any difference at all (Ive been using them and no leaks)
Cheap booster wise....you could use an old towel cut up or muslin or just add an organic flip insert instead of microfibre.
Other than that the easy peasy ones are really cheap though I do prefer P'tis Dessous bamboo ones, they are under £5 each and very very absorbent

I'm having flip leaks :( Just done a strip wash, all drying so not sure if it's worked yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->