Help with new weird symptoms, a little worried.

mamawannabee

Natural Mama/WTT #2
Reaction score
I have been having spells of faintness where I feel a bit dizzy and sick, but not like anything I've felt before from dehydration or sickness. It's like I'm out of my body almost. And I've had it happen yesterday morning and earlier today where my heart would just start beating really really fast, out of no where, I can feel it through my chest and it worries me a bit. I have looked around but they don't seem to be signs of pre-e which I was worried about, is there anything else it could be? My blood pressure was 120/72 last appointment, which I know isn't high, but it is high for me as mine is normally between 100-110/60. I don't know if it is worth calling the mw over or not.

If it's not dehydration or low BP, were they worried about your iron levels? Have you been over doing it maybe? Could be a number of things, I'd get it checked out personally just to put your mind at rest xxx

Could it b anxiety. When my anxiety attacks were at their worst my heart would pound in my chest, i'd feel dizzy and i would feel like i was in a dream... Reality didnt seem real. I felt like i was out of my body. Very strange sensation. Its the weirdest feeling but could b anxiety brought on by the fact their is an underlying health issue making u feel under the weather.

Def check with mw. Gl xxx

Do you have shortness of breath before it happens?
I have problems with getting enough oxogyn which are bodies demand a whole lot more of during pregnancy. It starts with becoming breathless and feeling dizzy, nasueas and almost ready to pass out. Than I get high aniexty and panic which makes it worse.

Now in my 3rd pregnancy I have figured it out so when I start getting breatless I really try and focus on my breathing. Deep breaths in different positions that promotes the chest to open up widely. (btw, my mom use to pass out with all har pregnancies (4)

Not sure if this is what's causing you to fAint but it may. https://www.babycenter.com/0_shortness-of-breath-during-pregnancy_219.bc

Good Luck :flower:

I had some anxiety attacks and they sounded a bit like that. I would talk to my mw though, just to make sure everything is ok.

I've had anxiety attacks before, and they were never like this, I could be overdoing it though, I may cut back some work. I have been working full time at my regular job and part time at my own business, six days a week most weeks, sometimes seven. Its just strange because the heartbeat thing has happened after resting, yesterday when I woke up at like 5 am to pee and today when I had just been sitting for a while, I didn't even get up. I think I'll ask the mw to put my mind at ease, she is just two hours away so I don't want to go there unless I think there really is a problem.

I experience this, too, and when I suddenly gained 6 lbs in 6 days, I was concerned so I literally just walked into my dr's office and said, "I know this sounds odd but, can someone just check my BP real quick?"
Turned out my BP was high, and was fluctuating with whether I was standing or sitting or laying down. First, it was high... lying down for 10 minutes, it was more normal. Sitting.. it was in between.

So... no protein in urine, doc ran bloods and all was ok....so she just said keep an eye on it, and if I start feeling faint, etc... the simple solution is lie down for a bit. ;)

Thanks Jackie! That's what I'm thinking it is now, I just wanted to make sure it didn't sound like pre-eclampsia to anyone. I will just have to lay down when it happens, and ask the midwife when I see her Friday if my BP is still normal. Glad to hear that it doesn't sound like anything real bad most likely.

I have felt like this a day here and there and heard it was because we are getting less oxygen due to our lungs taking in less air. My blood pressure has been higher than normal for me too (although still in normal range) and I read a study saying that an increase in blood pressure by 15 points in pregnancy had no effects on anything. I was worried because I thought it was supposed to drop in the second trimester, but mine went up slightly. Anyway, it's obviously best to check with your mw, but your blood pressure sounds normal, and unless you are low in iron my best guess would be lack of oxygen.

I had been having this, been told it could be a few different things. For me...
Starts out with rapid heartbeat and then slowly dizziness, then flashing lights, and then ringing of the ears. And then faint. Luckily hasn't gotten to the point of fainting completely since I have started to recognize the signs. For me, it wasn't High or Low BP, wasn't anxiety, not pre-eclampsia. I found out I have low iron anemia and been put on supplements. I can't say if it's been working or not, since I just started them yesterday. But, wanted to let you know my side of the story in case it helps any. xx Good luck

Makes me think of low hemoglobin (anemia). I have recently gone on iron/B vitamin supplement because of this. Have you had bloods drawn recently to check your blood cell count?

What Are the Symptoms of Anemia During Pregnancy?

If your pregnancy anemia is mild, you may not notice symptoms. In moderate to severe anemia, you may experience some of the following:

* Excessive fatigue and weakness
* Pale complexion
* Shortness of breath
* Heart palpitations
* Dizziness, light-headedness, or fainting spells

Taken from https://www.momswhothink.com/pregnancy-complications/pregnancy-anemia.html

I had similar symptoms with low HB mine was about 4.
I got admitted to hospital for an iron infusion.
I was in the supermarket and I was walking around putting all kinds in my trolley, didn't have a clue where I was. Drove my car back and had an out of body experience.
I also had a racing heart, which they thought was a thyroid problem but turned out to be nothing.
I would get your blood checked, if not then it sounds like low blood pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->