Help with OPK please, 2 surges a few days apart?

trudie100

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Just wanted some advise about these blasted OPK's please

I usually have 28 day cycles and ovulate on around day 14/15 but the last couple of months I've been having shorter 26 day cycles.

So this month I started testing a bit earlier than usual with the OPKs and on CD11 I got a dark very near positive, I tested again the next day (CD12) expecting a proper positive and got a negative.

I carried on testing out of curiosity for the next few days and after negatives in between I got another very near positive on CD14.

Then again the next day it was negative ???

Neither of the near positives were proper positives - they were the kind of colour my OPKs normally go the day before Im going to get an actual positive but I don't get how they could go negative for those few days in between.

Do you think I ovulated at all and if so when? at first I thought maybe I ovulated on CD10 but just missed the surge as I didn't test until CD11 but I'm confused about the other near positive on day 14

Any ideas ladies? x

Do you have pics?
Opks aren't really supposed to be compared Against other tests or be seen as 'almost positive' - each tests contain different amounts of dye.

How many times a day are you testing?

I haven't got any pics sorry. Im just going by the last few months when ive been testing I seem to get negatives and then leading up to when I should be ovulating the line starts to get darker and darker until the day I test positive.

The tests I had this month on days 11 and 14 were what I'd call nearly positive as the test line was nearly as dark as the control line but then went back to being total negatives (faint lines) the next day? its really odd

I usually test twice a day, once around 2/3 pm and again around 4/5pm but this week ive only tested once each day around 4/5pm x

I guess it's possible you e had a really short surge and just missed it between testing, but strange it went dark, lighter then darker again x

I know that's what I cant get my head around... confusing stuff x

It is possible that your body geared up to O the first time and then for whatever reason didn't so it tried again. This is what is so confusing about using these blasted tests! Instructions read that you should go by the first positive you get yet what if your body doesn't ovulate with the first positive? This is probably how some women use opks and still don't catch the eggy.

It is possible that your body geared up to O the first time and then for whatever reason didn't so it tried again. This is what is so confusing about using these blasted tests! Instructions read that you should go by the first positive you get yet what if your body doesn't ovulate with the first positive? This is probably how some women use opks and still don't catch the eggy.

Ladies I need help again

I randomly done an opk just now (cd19) and got a definite positive (test line is actually darker than control line)

I have no idea what's going on this month?

My last few cycles have been 25-26 days so ovulating on day 19 is late and also I've had those other near positives earlier on and then the negatives inberween

Any guesses ? x

I'd ignore the near positives and count this as your positive! I guess sometimes our bodies like to throw in an odd cycle just to confuse is. Hope you catch the egg- good luck!

That's what I thought

It's just odd as I've been having 26 day cycles so ovulating on day 19 is quite late

So confusing x

Ok it gets weirder

I tested again about 20 mins ago and after getting a definite positive yesterday on cd19 I've got another defo strong positive again this evening on cd20

Is this normal? Help x

Yep it's normal they can stay positive for 2 or 3 days. 2 days is normal for me but this time only 1 day

But how do I know when I'm likely to ovulate then?

Is it the day after the first positive ?

Ok ladies I just tested again and another strong positive opk

That's 3 days in a row .... Is this Normal?

And should I take the first positive I got as the definitive one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->