Help with ovulation tests please!

Daydreaming

Reaction score
Hello ladies!

This is my first month using ovulation tests. I bought loads of One Step strips online. Because my cycle is up the creek since stopping the pill (last cycle was 39 days!) I have been taking Agnus Castus and B6 to sort them out. So I started testing on CD7, as I have no idea when I might ovulate.

CD7 - definitely negative - no second line at all
CD8 - possily the faintest pink line
CD9 - (today) another faint pink line, but darker than yesterday.

Now I know that this is still considered negative, but what I was wondering is whether this is my body building up levels of LH? Does this mean that it will get darker again tomorrow etc? Has anybody else had this, and if so, how long is it until you get a positive?

We BD yesterday, just in case :winkwink:

:dust: to you all!

Hey! I tried them. Didnt have luck until I used a digital ovulation predictor and got pregnant the same month. I would say the first month with them is a learning experience. You always have LH in your urine but around that time the line starts to get darker you want to start testing twice and day that way you dont miss your LH surge. Since you can ovulate anywhere from 12-36 after that surge peaks and it will take a few days for the LH surge to go down. The first +opk is what counts. Thats why I liked first response digital yes/no. Wishing you the best!! GL :hugs:

hi i have been using them for a while now basically at the beginning it will probably be faint or no line as you get closer it does in darker but don't be surprised if it goes lighter one day and darker again the next. first few times it did that it freaked me out. you will know when it is positive it will be really dark. after three four months you should notice a pattern. hope that helps. baby dust x

hi i have been using them for a while now basically at the beginning it will probably be faint or no line as you get closer it does in darker but don't be surprised if it goes lighter one day and darker again the next. first few times it did that it freaked me out. you will know when it is positive it will be really dark. after three four months you should notice a pattern. hope that helps. baby dust x

This is exactly why I am so glad I went digital.

Hello ladies!

This is my first month using ovulation tests. I bought loads of One Step strips online. Because my cycle is up the creek since stopping the pill (last cycle was 39 days!) I have been taking Agnus Castus and B6 to sort them out. So I started testing on CD7, as I have no idea when I might ovulate.

CD7 - definitely negative - no second line at all
CD8 - possily the faintest pink line
CD9 - (today) another faint pink line, but darker than yesterday.

Now I know that this is still considered negative, but what I was wondering is whether this is my body building up levels of LH? Does this mean that it will get darker again tomorrow etc? Has anybody else had this, and if so, how long is it until you get a positive?

We BD yesterday, just in case :winkwink:

:dust: to you all!

I tried for 2 months and never got a positive...I always had 2 lines though its just the test line never got as dark as the control line...one day test line would be darker, then the next day lighter, then 2 days later a little lighter so Im right there with you!

im new to opks too this is what ive gotten so far....on other threads general opinion is not positive yet ...hope this helps:)

Attachments

• IMG_3289.jpg
    IMG_3289.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 25
Thank you for your responses!

I'm going to perservere with these this month, they were so cheap I might as well give
them a go! I'll see how they do over the next few days. :)

I was hoping that to go from completely blank, to faint line, to slightly darker line that I was going in the right direction, could still be - will just have to wait and see! Patience is not something I have a lot of though :winkwink:

Congratulations on your :bfp: TTC our first!

moose31 - thank you for the pic! That's pretty much how mine are looking! :) So, are you CD10 today? Looks like we might be TWW and testing buddies!

yes today is CD 10 for me :) someone told me to take another test 12h after this last one b/c it looks close... so plan on POAS around 8 pm ..

Ooo - let me know how you get on!

Trouble is, I've been testing at 5pm when I get back from work, 12 hours from then is 5am! Even if I did drag myself out of bed at that time on a Sat morning, that will be FMU, which you're not meant to use are you? :dohh:

The lines got darker again on CD 10 and CD 11, but not darker than the control line, then yesterday nothing and today nothing! :dohh:

Now, I know that this could just be my body playing tricks on me, and I will keep testing, but COULD this mean that I have ovulated already? Is this possible considering my last cycle was 39 days?!

We dtd lots just in case :winkwink: but I don't know if I'm now in the TWW or not? And I'm taking Agnus Castus atm and was planning to stop taking it when I ovulated, but I'm not sure what to do now!

Any ideas?

I feel like mine got gradually darker last month before my positive. Today was my first OPK for this cycle. I am going to post a pic of all my tests next to each other once I get my positive. :)

mine have stayed the same too from last pics I posted CD10 now CD 13 (plus i started testing 2x a day just in case)????? last cycle was 36 days not sure what to make of it

I feel like mine got gradually darker last month before my positive. Today was my first OPK for this cycle. I am going to post a pic of all my tests next to each other once I get my positive. :)

Today's test was SOOO close, but still not AS DARK as the control! I am hoping tomorrow is a +! :thumbup:

Attachments

• 100_4890.jpg
    100_4890.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 12
Thank you for replying girlies!

Today's was as blank as the first one I took - not even a hint of a line! :huh:

I'm on CD14 today. So I guess it could be that I ovulated this weekend, in which case my cycle this month is going to be quite short, or I haven't ovulated ut had a slight LH surge and I will get a positive later on. I'm not too worried, I'm sure it will all become clearer at somepoint, I'm just worried about the Agnus Castus. Thinking that seeing as I'm CD14, I might just stop taking it from now any way. What do you think?

Hi ladies I was wondering if anyone could have a look at these ovulation tests for me please, I'm cycle day 19, not ovulated yet, I did these around 12 40pm today, as you can see the clearblue lines are almost identical, but yet I still haven't gotten a flashy face. I'm a little confused right now, any advice? Tia

IMG_20191018_124524.jpg IMG_20191018_124603.jpg

Its looks like the
Hi ladies I was wondering if anyone could have a look at these ovulation tests for me please, I'm cycle day 19, not ovulated yet, I did these around 12 40pm today, as you can see the clearblue lines are almost identical, but yet I still haven't gotten a flashy face. I'm a little confused right now, any advice? Tia

View attachment 1070792 View attachment 1070794

It looks like maybe the dye ran on that clear blue test?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->