Help with question on dpo/luteal phase

stickylizard

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a short 11 day luteal phase. So even though my period is due in 4 days on 24th, I am only 7dpo. The early 10miu cheapie tests say can test from like 6 days before day of missed period... But I am only 7dpo? I have been getting nothing on the tests, does this mean I am out or does it mean it's just too early?

TIA xx

It's kind of misleading from what I understand. Firstly your period is not technically "missed" until it is one day late. Secondly, the numbers are based off of the average 14 day leutal phase because more people are aware of when their period should start as opposed to their ovulation date. If you are only 7 dpo that's way too early. :)

Yay! Ok, thanks so much that gives me fresh hope :] got 4 ICs left so I am testing each morning with FMU. Fx xx

Definitely agree with weebles. Hold off on testing...implantation typically doesn't happen until 6 to 10 dpo so the longer you wait the better. All of us in the 2WW are itching to test

Good luck!

I know you're right but it's tooooo tempting isn't it?! Thank you will update xx

Its very very tempting. I'm only 4dpo and I'm already going crazy. But it's better to wait.

Hi all, AF hit like a ton of bricks this morning. So I'm out - obviously my ovulation date was way off which is probably why! New cycle, and I'm not doing the obsessive daily testing again. You're right it's too stressful. I was over excited because I had never had ICs before so it was a bit of a novelty! Baby dust xxx

Sorry the witch got you. Happy and lucky CD 1!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->